The overall objective of this assignment is to prepare a comprehensive EE Strategy, and an EE Master Plan for the petroleum sector. The EE strategy will include vision statement, analysis of the current situation/challenges/barriers and defined goals and objectives for the future, it will also include a high-level analysis of recommended policies for EE in the petroleum sector and potential for EE savings and CO2 reductions as a result of the EE measures (programs, projects and regulations). The EE Strategy will build upon the Integrated Sustainable Energy Strategy of Egypt to 2035.
The EE Master Plan will detail the EE Strategy and include the concrete measures for the development of EE in the each of the upstream, refineries, gas processing and petrochemicals segments giving emphasis to the significant energy consumers, and the potential for electrification of oil and gas production facilities. It will also a plan for the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation progress of the measures and the achievement of the EE targets in the petroleum sector.
Commencement date of the project: December 2020
Duration of the assignment: 100 work days over 8 months
• Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical) or Business, Master or PhD is an advantage
• Minimum twenty-five (25) years of experience in energy efficiency in industry, out of which 10 would be in the oil and gas sector
• Minimum twenty (20) years of experience in designing energy efficiency and/or climate change policies/projects/programmes, preferably in EU, North Africa or Middle East
• Having participated in the preparation of national energy strategies and energy efficiency action plans in the industrial sector is a must
• Have good knowledge about the Egypt energy outlook, and current strategies/regulation
• Have experience in climate change mitigation and familiar with Egypt national commination documents
• experience in EU and/or international energy efficiency policy design and implementation studies; experience in the petroleum sector would be an advantage
• Excellent command of the English language is a must
• Excellent communicational and report drafting skills.