Brief description of the assignment:
The overall objective is to improve public finance management in BiH by increasing expenditure effectiveness. Improved human resources capacities for programme budget planning is the core issue for the successful implementation of the programme budgeting process in BiH, especially in Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH).
The purpose is to strength public finance management system and to help BiH authorities to improve the budget planning process, especially in Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Results to be achieved
Result 2: Human resources capacities for programme budget planning have been improved at all levels of government, especially in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Objective and background of the assignment
Governments of BiH, with support of the European Union, have decided to improve public finance management in BiH by increasing expenditure effectiveness. To achieve this objective the Project will provide technical support in order to improve human resources capacities for programme budgeting planning process and alignment with the mid-term policy planning process in Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (and its 10 cantonal governments).
DAI-Human Dynamics as a TA project funded by the European Union is providing technical support BiH authorities to improve the budget planning process on level of Federation of BiH (and its 10 cantonal governments) during 2020-2022.
Under the guidance and supervision of Team Leader and Key Expert 3, the Senior Non-Key Expert will be responsible for achieving the Result 2: Human resources capacities for programme budget planning have been improved in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (and its 10 cantonal governments).
Scope of work
- Participation in defining training programs
- Conducting training for budget users (including 10 cantons in FBiH) on programme budget and its relation to strategic/mid-term plans
- Elaborate the contributions to the training report containing an analysis of the further capacity building and/or extending the training to additional target groups
- Guide JNKE for the Component 2
- Methodological and analytical support for the KE for the Component 2
- Conducting on-the-job training for budget users (including 10 cantons in FBiH) on programme budget and its relation to strategic/mid-term plans
- Provide monthly reports on activities and periodical briefs on progress achieved
- The SNKE shall report to KE3 and Team Leader.
Commencement date of the project: 16 November 2020 (tentatively)
Duration of the assignment: 35 work days over 24 months
Qualifications and skills
- University Degree in economics, public administration, public finance management, law
- Fluency in written and oral English. Knowledge of Bosnian and/or Serbian and/or Croatian will be considered as an advantage
- Strong communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to work as part of a team, an aptitude to effectively transfer technical knowledge and maintain effective and cooperative relations with national authorities and donors, as well as capacity to handle sensitive issues with discretion in a multicultural environment
General professional experience
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in the field of public financial management
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience in program budgeting in all stages of budget process and medium-term strategic budget planning at central, regional and municipal level
- Experience in preparing and providing training materials and processing excellent facilitation skills and training techniques in a group graining setting
- Hands on experience in facilitating, meetings, training and workshops
- Experience as senior expert in international projects providing advisory and/or technical assistance would be an asset (min. 2 international projects)
- Experience in Western Balkans is advantage.
Note: Civil Servants and other staff of the public administration of the beneficiary country cannot be recruited as experts within six months after the finish of their government contract.