Title Sierra Leone Country Manager / Consultant
Salary $30 – 45k
Location Freetown, with travel as required
Street Child, a fast growing development and humanitarian INGO with education, child protection and livelihood operations in ten countries, are seeking an outstanding professional to lead Street Child UK’s support to our flagship national partner, Street Child of Sierra Leone (SCoSL).
This role reports to Street Child’s Africa Director and will work intimately with SCoSL’s excellent national leadership team. The first goal is to support strong delivery of Street Child’s programme portfolio in Sierra Leone (typically c.£750k – £1.5m p/a). The second goal is to help Street Child secure new opportunities through thoughtful programme development work and strong external representation.
Technically, we are looking for a candidate with:
- Experience of delivering, or closely supporting, relevant development programmes (most ideally in Sierra Leone / West Africa), including budget management, with a clear track record of success.
- Specific expertise in one, or more, of, education (in particular), livelihoods and/or child protection, would be a real asset.
Representing Street Child at the highest level in Sierra Leone, you will require:
- Excellent relationship building skills,
- Ability to skillfully navigate the different approaches required for national and international stakeholders, with a strong ‘nose’ for partnerships and funding. A belief in partnership is essential.
- A pragmatic, can-do, agile and pro-active approach.
- Ability to maintain excellent links with the UK team, providing support and information required to engage our donors and supporters.
It is possible that a strong candidate may additionally be asked to play a role in supporting Street Child’s operations in Liberia too – and/or, on a ‘surge’ basis, any of Street Child’s wider Africa programming.
To learn more about Street Child, please visit http://www.street-child.co.uk
To apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. The posts will remain open until filled however applications will be assessed and progressed as appropriate, upon receipt.