m2m is a leader in delivering non-clinical complementary care and support services through its peer-based Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH), Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) education and psychosocial support model. m2m will leverage 15 years of experience to contribute to the HIV-response in Mozambique through technical assistance to the Mozambique Ministry of Health (MISAU) to strengthen its Maes Para Maes programme (MPM).
Working collaboratively with country-based staff, local stakeholders and m2m Head Office staff, the SI Manager will contribute to the design of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for m2m’s Mozambique Programme, and will be responsible for oversight and implementation of the M&E system at provincial level.
The SI Manager reports to the Snr SI Advisor, working in collaboration with the m2m Mozambique in-country team, Department of Programmes and Technical Support (DPTS Head Office), International Operations, other internal staff and consultants, as well as in-country partners in Mozambique. The position will be based in Maputo. Local and international travel will be required.
Key Performance Areas
- Contribute to the design of M&E for m2m’s Mozambique Programme, and manage and oversee the implementation of the M&E System as delegated.
- Contribute to the development of a results framework, indicator list (including operational definitions), a Data Flow Diagram, reporting schedule and reporting templates, routine M&E Tools, a Data Management System, as well as Data Quality Audit tools and processes.
- Manage the implementation of the m2m Mozambique Programme M&E system, including developing an m2m Mozambique Programme M&E Work Plan as delegated.
- Provide Quality Assurance on all M&E processes and outputs as delegated.
Participate in the execution of a country-assessment process to identify strengths and address weaknesses in the M&E System of the MPM Programme in Mozambique.
- With local stakeholders and M&E counterparts:
- Contribute to the identification of strengths and weaknesses in the M&E system of the MPM Programme in Mozambique
- Contribute to recommendations for improvements
- Contribute to designing and implementing M&E system improvements
Participate in training in-country stakeholders to administer and use the (new or revised) routine MPM M&E tools and systems
- Contribute to the development of training materials (e.g. manuals, PowerPoint slides, Job Aids, etc.) across the entire MPM Routine M&E system.
- As delegated, conduct training (among Government staff and MPM Implementing Partners) in administering all components of the MPM Routine M&E system in Mozambique.
Manage and oversee routine and ad-hoc reporting on m2m’s Mozambique Programme as delegated:
- As delegated, routinely process requests for M&E data, such as data / information for annual reports and proposals, meetings and public relations / communications.
- Conduct data analysis and compile reports, as delegated, for key donors and for all other audiences requiring data / information.
- Ensure high quality reports are submitted timely.
- Monitor quarterly programme achievements and trends through producing routine quarterly reports or in accordance with any agreed upon routine reporting schedule.
Under the leadership and supervision of the Snr SI Advisor, and in close collaboration with M&E Co-ordinators, ensure that high quality data are consistently generated across all components of the m2m Mozambique Programme
- Contribute to the design of Data Quality Audit systems and protocols, including Data Quality Assessment tools and procedures.
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data.
- Conduct monthly data quality reviews and provide systematic feedback to country stakeholders to ensure that standards of the highest data quality are maintained.
- Manage and oversee the execution of all recommendations for improved data quality.
Other duties in support of the m2m Mozambique Programme’s Strategic Information needs:
- As delegated, support data extraction, data collection and data quality improvement interventions in support of E&OR projects.