The project is part of the global project “Green Innovation Centres in the Agricultural and Food Sector” of the BMZ special initiative “ONE WORLD without Hunger” (SEWoH). It is carried out in six central provinces of the Mekong Delta the so called “core rice belt”, which consists of 20 districts in An Giang, Dong Tharp, Can Tho, Kien Giang, Hau Giang and Soc Trang. The core element is the ability of small-holder farms, as well as upstream and downstream companies in the value chain (VC) rice and (complementary) mango VC to use income-, employment- and quality-increasing as well as climate-intelligent innovations.
The project’s overall objective is to enable small-scale farmers and up- and downstream enterprises of the rice value chain to successfully implement the identified innovations in the form of adapted business models. This assignment focuses on rice producer groups and cooperatives, and the specifics of this value chain. The support focuses on consolidated producer groups and formalized cooperatives. The identified innovations will increase farmers` income, improve quality of production and create additional employment opportunities.
Development of training material and concepts for the topics mentioned here underneath:
- Training of multipliers in: marketing strategies for cooperatives; strengthening of negotiation and contracting skills of cooperatives and diversification.
- Coaching of trained cooperatives.
- Assisting cooperatives in identifying markets and assisting cooperatives to make use of the markets; e.g. through formal contracts with private sector companies (in close cooperation with multipliers).
- Education/training (2.3.1): university qualification (Master degree) in marketing or economics.
- Language (2.3.2): knowledge of English, B1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, Vietnamese C2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- General professional experience (2.3.3): 10 years experience in agricultural value chain promotion and marketing of agricultural commodities OR 8 years experience in SME business development services.
- Specific professional experience (2.3.4): 10 years of professional experience in marketing, contract farming and business plan development for rural cooperatives – OR – 5 years experience in business coaching and coach mentoring.
- Management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company is an asset.
- Regional experience (2.3.6): work experience in Southeast Asia is an asset.
In addition to specialist qualifications, a candidate should also have the following soft skills:
- Team skills
- Communication skills
- Social and intercultural skills
- Efficient partner- and client-focused working methods
- Interdisciplinary thinking.
Roman Monchy firstname.lastname@example.org