Chemonics seeks a gender mainstreaming advisor for the ongoing FCDO Syria Education Programme (Manahel). The project aims to provides access to safe, inclusive, and quality learning opportunities to children in Syria, while strengthening education actors to effectively manage education. Manahel focusses on establishing strong, measurable results that maximise the programme’s resources. To do this, the programme is designed to realize cross-cutting outcomes that lead to 500,000 children (50 percent girls) including those marginalized gaining access to safe and inclusive education, and up to 50 percent of children achieving basic learning outcomes. Those four outcomes are: Access, Quality, Psychosocial, and Capacity. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
We anticipate this position would require approximately 30 days of desk-based work over a period of 3-4 months.
- Work with Manahel’s technical leads to update the programme’s evidence-based gender analysis and the accompanying action plan
- Conduct training sessions and refresher workshops for Manahel staff and partner staff on equity and inclusion principles and how to integrate these into project activities
- Review the programme’s workplan with the technical activity leads to ensure that activities are designed and implemented in accordance with action plans and support gender and inclusion integration throughout the programme as appropriate
- Review with the monitoring, evaluation, research and learning (MERL) team the development, application, and monitoring of gender and inclusion indicators and the consistent use of sex- and other elements of disaggregation in reporting to measure inclusion-related impacts and outcomes
- Review Manahel’s research and learning agenda and provide technical assistance to the research team to include research questions/indicators that help evaluate outcomes and understand needs
- Review learning, training, and Psychosocial support materials to ensure they respond to the different needs of boys and girls
- Work with the Communications and learning manager to develop a guidance to integrate gender/girls education content into communication materials, including “success stories” and presentations for quarterly and annual technical progress reports for donor submission
- Review and assess effectiveness of gender mainstreaming in the programme’s activities through reports, interviews, and surveys
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s degree in gender studies, education, social science, or relevant discipline required
- Minimum of 6 years of working experience
- Experience conducting gender analyses, action plans and designing and conducting trainings
- Knowledge of gender and other social inclusion considerations (constraints and opportunities) in education in Syria and main actors in the education sector
- Previous experience with FCDO-funded programmes implementing gender and girl’s education approaches and tools
- Demonstrated experience advising on gender- and inclusion monitoring, evaluation, research and learning activities
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV, and cover letter attached and “Gender Mainstreaming Advisor” in the subject line to SEPPMU1@chemonics.com by September 24th, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists on a rolling basis.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.