Short-term Evaluators and Evaluation Specialists, Performance
Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
MSI is building a roster of short-term Evaluators and Evaluation Specialists who will be available to support numerous upcoming evaluations, assessments, and studies under the Pakistan PERFORM contract. MSI is seeking mid-to senior-level candidates for positions as team leader, evaluator, or team member on evaluation and assessment teams or provide technical assistance to review evaluation or assessment final reports or other assignment deliverables. Upcoming assignments cover the entire USAID/Pakistan portfolio including the technical areas of: (1) energy; (2) economic growth and agriculture; (3) stabilization and governance; (4) education; and (5) health.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to work on multiple PERFORM assignments in 2017 for which they are suited. During 2017 PERFORM plans to conduct 14 evaluations and up to 27 assessments. Assignments may last from several weeks to several months and may involve remote based work, work in Pakistan, or both depending on the assignment responsibilities. For most assignments and positions, candidates can expect to travel to and work in Islamabad, Pakistan for at least part of the assignment.
- In collaboration with MSI PERFORM staff and depending on the specific assignment, responsibilities may include the following tasks:
- Designing or reviewing an evaluation or research approach.
- Developing or reviewing data analysis plans, data collection instruments, and data collection plans.
- Guiding or participating in data collection.
- Leading qualitative and quantitative data analysis, including statistical, content, or thematic analyses of primary or secondary data.
- Presenting findings and conclusions to USAID and implementing partners.
- Writing or conducting technical reviews of evaluation or assessment final reports, other deliverables, and briefing papers.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field with 5-10 years of professional experience.
- Experience as an evaluator, team leader or team member on evaluations and/or assessments.
- Familiarity with USAID strongly preferred.
- Advanced social science research skills and statistics including fluency in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Excellent analytical and personal communication skills.
- Superior writing ability, including evidence of an ability to structure evaluation reports in a way that logically and transparently lays out empirical findings, conclusions, and recommendations in relation to evaluation questions.
- Strong data visualization skills preferred.
- Strong team player with client-oriented skills.
- Experience working in Pakistan and/or South Asia preferred.