Our Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a highly motivated professional individual to join our Syria Response Office’s operations. The ideal candidate must have a minimum 3 years of experience of project implementation in humanitarian/recovery contexts, also 2 years of experience of working in in construction, engineering, architecture with technical Shelter, WASH and Emergency Response expertise;
We are particularly looking for an individual who is knowledgeable with the context of Syria. the position holder will be coordinating with Shelter & WASH Project Manager and lead the delegated portfolio of Shelter, WASH or related projects in Northwest Syria. The position holder will be responsible for managing components of the NRC Shelter & WASH projects and staffing in Northwest Syria. Projects in this area are delivered through remotely managed NRC staff.
- Line management of project staff;
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures;
- Contribute to Shelter and WASH strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps;
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Shelter and WASH projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from Area Manager in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality;
- Provide regular progress reports to Area Manager;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities;
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy;
- Project Cycle Management (PCM) & Implementation. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for the successful implementation of all Shelter & WASH projects delivered through direct or partner-led modalities throughout the full project cycle. The position-holder may be required to represent the Shelter & WASH project team in PCM meetings and to produce key PCM documentation (e.g. M&E Plan, Procurement Plans, Work Plan, Internal log-frame etc.).
- Capacity Building. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for supporting the successful capacity building of NRC and partner Shelter & WASH staff in relevant competencies. This includes ensuring performance management of all junior Shelter & WASH project team members, identification of capacity building needs, and planning and resourcing capacity building initiatives within the framework of the NRC Syria Response strategies, tools and guidelines.
- Technical Quality. Responsible for ensuring implementation of high quality Shelter & WASH projects by NRC/partners, in accordance with the agreed NRC Syria Response Office Country and CC Strategies, tools and guidelines. This includes – but is not limited to – ensuring the achievement of Value-for-Money; compliance with global, national and local standards; ensuring the compliance of all Shelter & WASH projects with Housing, Land and Property (HLP) requirements; meaningful consultation with affected populations throughout the project-cycle; needs-based targeting and selection; and integration with other Core Competencies where relevant.
- Programme Development. Responsible for supporting high quality Area Office-level input into the Syria Response Office (country-level) Shelter & WASH programme development initiatives (e.g. Core Competency Strategies). This may include – but is not limited to – supporting Area Office-level context & needs analysis, over-seeing primary needs assessment, pilot activities and meaningful engagement in relevant forums and learning events. The position-holder may be requested to represent the Area Office Shelter & WASH project team at NRC Syria Response Shelter & WASH workshops, Community-of-Practice meetings/calls, project update meetings, training and other related events.
- Project M&E. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for accurate and high quality Monitoring and Evaluation of NRC/partner Shelter & WASH or related activities, including information management and archiving. This will include – but is not limited to – the successful implementation of construction/process, output and outcome monitoring conducted by NRC, implementing partners and/or third parties. M&E activities will be conducted in accordance with the NRC Syria Response Office M&E Strategy, tools and guidelines.
- Reporting. As delegated by line manager, responsible for accurate and high quality contributions to the reporting of NRC/partner Shelter and WASH Area-level achievements through all relevant reporting mechanisms. This includes, but is not limited to, internal reporting mechanisms (e.g. NRC GORS, sit-reps, Protection Reports), donor reports and inter-agency reporting of achievements (E.g. 4Ws, ISIMM).
- Protection Mainstreaming. Responsible for supporting protection mainstreaming in all Shelter & WASH or related activities throughout the project-cycle. This includes – but is not limited to – ensuring safety and dignity of beneficiaries, understanding their diverse needs, enabling meaningful access to NRC’s services, ensuring adequate accountability to affected populations, ensuring adequate participation and consultation, and supporting the realisation of their human rights. All project activities will be conducted in accordance with the Protection Mainstreaming Strategy, tools and guidelines.
- Coordination & Representation. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for representing NRC Shelter & WASH programmes in Area-level coordination mechanisms, in formal and informal forums and through bilateral (peer) coordination.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
- Contract period:till the end of December 2019
- Duty Station: This position will be based in SRO office
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions