Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Jordan
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The shelter and distribution Project Manager (PM) is overall responsible for all shelter and distribution activities in Azraq camp implemented by NRC. The projects are financed by UNHCR and WFP. The PM will work in close collaboration internally with the Zaatari Project Manager and the shelter specialist team and externally with our financial partners as well as camp management and other organizations operating in the camp.
- Line management for project staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and Core Competency strategies.
- Initiate and participate in the development of relevant projects.
- Coordinate and manage project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Line Manager and the Core Competency Specialist.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection; explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with coordinators) and coordinate across Core Competencies.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Ensure protection principle are at the center of all shelter and distribution programs in Azraq.
- Ensure strong and regular coordination, at camp level, with UNHCR and WFP and ensure all decisions are coordinated.
- Empower refugees through active involvement in project delivery in line with CFW SoPs.
- Promote cost efficiency in program delivery including through the promotion of local solutions.
- Ensure strong collaboration between the shelter and distribution program and all NRC support and programs operating in Azraq
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met and coordinated with the Shelter & Distribution PM in Zaatari.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering or equivalent. Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context. Prior camp experience a value added. Strong budgeting skills. Detail oriented. Strong management skills.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, to have the ability to analyze data and trends for informed decisions and Capacity building skills.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world’s biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be screened as received and position will close once a suitable candidate is identified.
Contract period: Till September 30 2019 (subject to extension)
Salary/benefits: 2558 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Azraq Camp
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs