We are currently seeking to fill the position of SharePoint Online Administrator. The successful candidate will perform hands-on tasks to manage and maintain our SharePoint tenants and related technologies. Our SharePoint infrastructure is utilized across the globe by over 20,000 employees.
In this role the SharePoint Administrator will maintain sites hosted primarily in SharePoint Online/Office 365, however migrations of sites from on-premise systems is a regular occurrence. This position will report to the IT Director of the Global Communications & Collaboration department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage SharePoint services and sites hosted in SharePoint Online.
- Managing and migrating legacy SharePoint on-premise farms.
- Monitor, manage and improve global SharePoint footprint to assure globally disperse staff obtain expected performance.
- Tier 3 – End User support of complex SharePoint issues.
- Training and supporting staff in their daily usage of SharePoint.
- Manage and maintain external guest (non-employee) user access to SharePoint systems.
- Monitor and manage SharePoint system security to prevent attacks, data loss, etc.
- Perform daily site creation tasks, MACs involving permissions/site access, etc.
- Record and communicate to stakeholders the performance of the services.
- Ensure service delivery meets the business requirements (based on defined SLAs).
- Serve as the SharePoint Subject Matter Expert for internal and external clients.
- Stay informed of changes to SharePoint Online functionality that can impact Tetra Tech or its clients.
- Deliver a consistent process for incident and problem escalation and resolution in line with the sourcing governance framework.
- Collaborate and resource with other IT staff to facilitate effective issue resolution.
- Regularly update documentation of SharePoint infrastructure.
- Deep knowledge of SharePoint Online and on-premise (2010-2019).
- OneDrive for Business, SharePoint database usage, SharePoint Architecture, SharePoint resource management, and permissions management.
- Hands on experience in migrating significant quantities of data/sites between farms or tenants.
- Solid understanding of IIS, Active Directory and mail flow into SharePoint.
- Deployment of custom developed SharePoint sites for clients.
- Dependable and self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Capability to work as an effective member of a global team.
- Ability to relate the goals of IT service delivery to business goals.
- A focus on customer satisfaction and high-quality service delivery, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills Knowledge:
- Experience with onsite SharePoint environment administration and customization.
- SharePoint Online administration experience.
- Microsoft server administration experience.
- SharePoint or any other Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Some experience with SharePoint migration tools.
- Experience and well versed in all Microsoft environments.
Preferred Qualifications / Skills and Knowledge (Additional):
- Advanced knowledge of SharePoint Online/O365 and other cloud solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of related O365 workloads including Planner, Power Platform, Azure Logic Apps.
- Advanced SharePoint 201x administration skills and knowledge of SharePoint best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of all versions of Windows Server and Microsoft SQL.
- Very good understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing, DNS, SSL, PowerShell and certificates.