The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The CF Foundation is implementing Workday Financials and Human Capital Management (HCM). The Senior Workday Financials Analyst will be a key, a hands-on resource which serves as a dedicated point of contact for all Finance areas, including accounting, financial planning and analysis, reporting, accounts payable and accounts receivable. This position will also support all financial processes and workflows, including data and process integrations between Workday and the Foundation’s donor management and grants management systems.
The position will also:
- Be responsible for vendor management regarding features and functionality of Workday financials.
- Be accountable for the vision, feature roadmap, and data integrity.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for IT involving requests for technical resources.
- Make decisions regarding the application.
- Advise key stakeholders through transformation, implementation, and configuration of Workday.
- Serve as a Workday champion and promote user adoption within and outside of the Finance department.
- Develop and support efficient and effective business processes within Workday.
- Design and develop reports and dashboards, including scheduled and ad-hoc reports and queries.
- Directly support and assist Finance users in the adoption of new processes.
- Assist Finance users by providing training, direct hands-on assistance, and reinforcement of change through monitoring and follow-up.
- Provide support to internal users. Troubleshoot and resolve system issues.
- Provide ongoing support of the Workday application and enhancements, including managing bi-annual Workday updates.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to convey updates and recommendations.
The Senior Workday Financials Analyst will be an integral part of the implementation with responsibility for analyzing finance needs. This position will assist in the design, configuration, build, testing, deployment, and maintenance of financial processes. The Senior Workday Financials Analyst will also document all work and diagnose and resolve problems with the Workday system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain strong business relationships with key partners to solve data, process, and reporting challenges. Understand requirements and advise on best practices and alternative approaches.
- This role will be responsible for user communications, reporting and analytics, and configuration changes related to financial processes.
- Drive adoption in the finance organization and promote a self-service model by automating and streamlining the delivery of reports and dashboards.
- Configure the system to achieve automation of critical financial processes.
- Serve as subject matter expert for Workday Financials, including core financials, Adaptive Insights, Prism, banking and settlement, business assets, inventory, procurement, supplier accounts, expenses, and customer accounts.
- Collaborate with business owners/stakeholders to understand business needs, business processes, project specifications, business case development, and data sources.
- Analyze data in testing and production environments.
- Design automated processes.
- Work with end-users to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Create and document proof of concept prototypes.
- Interact with system administrators and database administrators to understand technical designs.
- Conduct usability and functional testing and implement and/or recommend corrective and preventive actions.
- Interpret the results from the data acquired and use the information to create reports.
- Identify and interpret any patterns or useful trends in complex data sets.
- Maintain the integrity of data.
- Ability to delicately handle sensitive information and maintain the appropriate level of confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
- 4+ years of recent experience implementing or administering Workday Financials including a minimum of 8 years related work experience.
- Current Workday Pro Financials certification & Workday Pro Financials Reporting certification are preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the following modules: Core Financials, Suppliers, Inventory, Procurement, Banking & Settlement, Business Assets, Expenses, Adaptive Insights (Planning), and Prism.
- Strong working knowledge of best practices and financial controls pertaining to procurement, accounting, accounts payable, and other key financial areas.
- Strong business analysis, business acumen, and problem-solving skills. Ability to identify issues, concerns, challenges, and the ability to implement workflows.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to gather information and grasp complex technical and financial issues, as well as the ability to maintain and support data analytics platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to work effectively across multiple functions and strong customer service skills.
- Understanding of relational databases and data integration tools.
- Understanding of software development life cycle concepts and practices.
- Ability to develop and execute database queries and conduct analysis, perform complex requirements gathering and process modeling, ability to present information through reports and visualization.
- Report to the Vice President, Finance. No direct reports.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.