- Your application letter detailing why you would be an asset to the role of SVP in this business unit.
- A current CV
Internal Candidates – Internal DAI candidates should apply via the link prior to 14th February 2020. If you have any questions relating to the role please speak initially to email@example.com.
External Candidates – To apply or to download further information on the required qualifications, skills and experience for the role, please visit http://www.perrettlaver.com/vacancies quoting reference 4531. The deadline for applications is 1300 Central European Time 17th February 2020. Perrett Laver will conduct an executive search process in parallel with the public advertisement of the role.
Job Title/Grade: Senior Vice President, EU
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Development Partners Group
Department: EU Business Unit
Date: January 2020
The Senior Vice President (SVP) is responsible for providing vision, leadership, and operational direction to DAI’s EU Business Unit, delivering a profitable growth trajectory with excellent development results, the highest standards of ethical performance, and extensive synergies with other DAI businesses and corporate departments, including ensuring a seamless integration of a recently acquired company into DAI
Client Engagement, Business Development, and Delivery
- Accountable for all aspects of the performance of the EU business unit within clearly defined corporate ground rules and responsible for atying ahead of changing markets, winning engagements to grow business, delivering outstanding results with speed and efficiency to customers, and generating profitability.
- Excel as the public face of DAI’s EU Business Unit and play a significant role in creating a high profile with EC and other EU funders, generating interest and support, and identifying the business development pipeline.
- Work closely with the heads of other donor-focused business units to establish business development priorities and competitive strategies for the entire company, including but not limited to EU.
- Ensure that the EU Senior Leadership Team has the resources and support necessary to address management, quality, and financial concerns and to deliver the EU annual GP and new business targets.
- With business development team and other reports, develop and promulgate a clear and widely understood system of prioritisation for EU proposal opportunities, working collaboratively, transparently, and systematically with all other DAI business units to align new business strategies to overall company growth objectives.
- Drive growth and strengthen DAI’s position as a Global Development Company by delivering sustainable high-impact results that generate value to DAI shareholders and customers, and humanity; be accountable for delivering the annual GP target and ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and at the expected ROI – with high client satisfaction.
- Question conventional approaches and encourage new ideas in order to position DAI as a thought leader and innovator in the industry.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for the EU business unit.
- Lead and manage the Senior Leadership Team, working with them to set objectives, win business, effectively deliver on the EU portfolio, distil lessons, build DAI’s network and brand, and foster team capacity to establish and maintain DAI as an industry leader.
- Within an inclusive ownership structure, align individual performance with corporate objectives to drive DAI’s long-term growth and impact and continue to create an aspiration for ownership across the organisation.
- Play an active and productive role on Leadership committees.
- Continue the integration of a recently acquired EU service provider into DAI’s existing EU business model.
- Promulgate a One DAI mentality within the EU team and model active collaboration with other parts of DAI, such as in the development and ongoing refinement of shared project implementation standards with other DAI business units. Work collaboratively with the EVP – Development Partners Group, the heads of corporate departments, and the heads of other business units and shared services to set standards, solve problems, capture strategic opportunities, assess investments, and contribute to effective planning, management, and reporting across the corporation.
- Attract and retain top talent. Promote and foster a work environment where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organisation.
- Commit to the highest possible ethical and compliance standards as the bedrock of our behaviour and our delivery, ensuring that projects are managed in a manner consistent with DAI’s values and policies and in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations in countries where DAI operates, including field operations that are properly registered, tax compliant, and financially sound.
- Significant relevant leadership experience, especially in winning, managing, and delivering development projects, and in managing other managers.
- An innovative and collaborative leadership style and exceptional business acumen, with an excellent record of business development and delivery success in international development or professional consulting and experience supporting or implementing overseas international development projects at the field level.
- Ability to deliver insight in dealing with ambiguous or incomplete information in decision making.
- Excellent leadership skills as evidenced by a record of recruiting, building, developing, and managing culturally diverse teams to reach goals and achieve targets.
- Extensive international development sector knowledge and deep relevant networks to build strong EU relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills conducive to positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Proactive, assertive and action-oriented leadership style, with strong intellectual agility and ability.
- Interest, will, and availability to travel as needed to DAI’s countries of operation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. This job description details the key elements of the role and is not an exhaustive list of duties. Job roles evolve over time and job-holders may be required to complete additional tasks in line with business needs.