The Senior Transport Planner will support the development of IMC’s rapidly growing transport planning portfolio, working on free-standing transport-related activities collaboratively across the business to further develop the transport portfolio with a wide range of clients.
This will involve identifying opportunities, developing proposals and providing consultancy services including technical team leadership and coordination.
IMC is involved in a wide range of transport activities including urban transport, rural transport, long-distance strategic transport, long-distance road and rail, high-volume transport and low-carbon transport.
IMC is at the forefront of methodological development in a number of emergent fields and the successful candidate will be encouraged to contribute to IMC’s thought leadership in transport planning.
- Work with colleagues to help develop and deliver IMC’s Engineering team strategy. This includes strategic decision-making on the proactive targeting of new business opportunities
- Provide technical expertise to IMC’s projects as appropriate, including programme management
- Deliver technical inputs on a wide range of assignments as required. The candidate should be prepared to travel for periods typically of between two and six weeks. This will be individually and as part of interdisciplinary teams
- Manage projects and lead relevant tasks within a project, including supervising the work of others and ensuring that projects and programmes are delivered to the high standards expected by IMC and our clients
- Lead and contribute to the preparation of high-quality expressions of interest and proposals for multilateral and bilateral clients, such as DFID, World Bank, EU and USAID
- Provide quality assurance of transport planning deliverables
- Contribute to the Engineering team’s record of experience, lessons learned and marketing materials
Terms & Conditions
Hours of work – This role is a full-time position
Location – The role is based in the IMC offices in Redhill. We are a short walk from Redhill train station, which has direct links to Clapham (22 mins), central London (30 mins) and Brighton (41 mins). There is free parking on site depending on availability. The location of the office in Redhill offers tremendous opportunities for good schooling and the chance to live in an area of the UK close to the Surrey Hills (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) and other vibrant towns with lots to do and see, and with easy access to both the coast and central London.
Salary – Competitive salary depending on experience
Annual leave – 5 weeks’ annual leave plus public holidays
The holiday year is 1 January–31 December
Benefits – Buying and selling of annual leave scheme, health cash plan scheme, life assurance scheme, private medical insurance, company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme. IMC also supplies free refreshments and fruit, and there is a dress-down day every Friday.
Click here to view the full job description.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations.