We are looking for a Transport Planner to help with the expanding workload of our Milton Keynes transport consultancy team, located on Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes.
We offer a challenging and rewarding career, working for a leading transport consultancy with a strong presence in the Midlands and South East. You will join a growing team delivering a wide variety of interesting projects for clients in the private and public sectors.
This is a varied and challenging role, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team with full support provided by experienced transport consultants. Our clients typically include; housing and commercial developers, local authorities, highway authorities, architects, town-planners and other professionals. Your work will initially include data analysis, junction modelling, road safety analysis, site visits and sustainable transport reviews, as well as preparing plans, drawings and report writing.
Professional growth and personal development is strongly encouraged. You will be encouraged to enrol on the Transport Planning Society’s Professional Development Scheme and assigned a personal mentor at WYG to help guide you through the process with a view to gaining a professional qualification.
We are looking for a keen, progressive and versatile individual with a genuine interest in transport consultancy. You will have some experience working in the industry and your experience would ideally include:
- Knowledge of Transport Assessment methodologies
- Experience of producing Transport Assessment and Travel Plan reports
- Knowledge of highway design principles relevant to development layout and site access design
- Ability to use AutoCAD and GIS software
- Experience of specialist transport planning software packages such as TRICS, Junctions 9 and LinSIG
The ideal candidate is likely to have a degree in an analytical subject such as transport planning, engineering, mathematics, science, economics or geography.
Above all, we will be looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Drive to succeed and a willingness to get involved
- Excellent communication skills, confidence to liaise with team members and clients
- Methodical approach to problem solving and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis, reports and drawings
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a skilled multi-disciplinary team
- Full, clean UK driving licence and ideally access to a vehicle
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
WYG is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. You’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible benefits. You’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer to suit your specific needs. We also offer a variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.