DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data Analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management. The Sr. Development Advisor will work on the new USAID Analytics, Data, Visualization, and Information Services (ADVISE) project. ADVISE’s main purpose is to improve the usage of USAID data and information, so that the Agency continues to ensure its development outcomes are supported by evidence.
The Sr. Trainer supports the Bureau for Africa Office of Sustainability (AFR/SD) Economic Growth, Environment and Agriculture (EGEA) Division for Prosper Africa Implementation with developing training programs for staff of all levels on Prosper Africa’s Analytical, Research, Data, Monitoring, and Learning approach; co-creating and facilitating series of trainings, learning events, and webinars; and building capacity of USAID staff. The Sr. Trainer will work closely with the Sr. Development Advisor as well as ADVISE’s senior economists, librarians, and data development and management experts. The Sr. Development Advisor reports to the task lead.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an Analytical, Research, Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Communication Plan;
- Develop annual curricula for training on research, analysis, monitoring, and evaluation;
- Contribute to the planning and facilitation of large, complex annual learning conferences; collect, analyze, and distribute learning materials to promote best practices in Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA);
- Support the planning for PROSPER Temporary Duty assignments (TDYs), including engaging in knowledge capture, tracking results against indicators, and producing deliverables;
- Offer appropriate support and facilitation as dictated by the needs of TDYs including facilitating teams and missions in completing a CLA Maturity Matrix self-assessment and subsequent CLA plan, working with teams to develop learning agendas, and delivering training in CLA-related topics building on adult learning approaches;
- Support the production of knowledge capture and outcomes from the TDYs in the form of a final TDY report, Learning Lab blog, and/or other deliverables/venues ;
- Support the Sr. Development Advisor and other ADVISE staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and formalized training or education related to teaching or curriculum development, master’s degree preferred;
- Knowledge of best practices in adult learning and distance learning; training of personnel with wide variety of backgrounds and levels of expertise; and maintenance of online resource and learning libraries;
- Experience creating and catalyzing communities of interest, both online and offline, while leveraging existing networks;
- Expertise in USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) methodology;
- Experience with data-driven analyses relating to performance monitoring, research and evaluation of international development programs;
- Excellent and demonstrated communication, training and facilitation skills.
The candidate must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for the required U.S. government security clearance for this project.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.