Through the Honduras Local Governance Activity (HLG), the DAI team will support USAID/Honduras to improve basic service provision systems in the education, nutrition, and water management sectors, including management systems for quality and access, through increased citizen influence and governance.
DAI will assist the local governments, service providers, civil society, and related institutions in 80 targeted municipalities to achieve its two results: civil society influence through evidence increased and local service providers’ performance improved. HLG will be headquartered in Tegucigalpa, with regional offices established in target departments.
The main objective of the position is to create effective technical documentation, addressed to different audiences: project, donor, local partners, and stakeholders. To reach this goal, the technical writer must understand the purpose of the project, its methodologies, and how its audiences use and read documentation.
The Senior Technical Writer will work with the COP, DCOP, Director of Communications, and Technical Writer to create and edit complex technical materials for publication. This consultant will provide high level support to produce technical documents that accurately and eloquently convey project messaging.
This will be a level of effort-based consulting agreement.
Objectives and Duties
- Support the COP and DCOP in preparation for key meetings with USAID and GOH authorities, including talking points, briefers, and PowerPoint Presentations
- In conjunction with the Technical Writer, develop quarterly reports, semi-annual newsletters, annual reports, and any other contractual deliverables drawing on technical input provided by the team.
- Create success stories, fact sheets, and other reports or presentation materials as required.
- Perform independent writing projects and work with the technical team to ensure that all materials are well conceptualized and clearly written.
- Review all written documentation with a critical eye, checking for logic, accuracy, and completeness of all information.
- Develop and revise documents to meet the needs of the document audience.
- Ensure that the technical content meets high-quality standards and is consistent in style and tone
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Social Sciences, Journalism, Communications, or any other related field.
- Experience on USAID projects in democracy, governance, or economic growth preferred
- Experience reviewing and editing of large volumes of writing.
- Excellent professional writing and communication skills.
- Highly developed time management skills.
- Exceptional MS Office Skills.
- Attention to detail is required. Must be able to apply analytic rigor and analysis in review of content.
- Demonstrable results orientation, flexibility and problem solving skills
- Must be a native English speaker and writer, and have advanced spoken and written Spanish.
- Must be living in Tegucigalpa, Honduras