PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for Senior Technical Project Manager who will support a CDC-funded program titled “Strengthening the Government of Tanzania’s Capacity to Develop, Implement, and Use Digital Health to Achieve HIV/TB Epidemic Control through Interoperable Information Systems, Governance, Quality Improvement, and Workforce Support under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to increase the ability of health information systems (HIS) to support high-quality patient-centered services, data quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and emerging health sector objectives.
The project will work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) and health system stakeholders to organize the building, implementation, and scale-up of Tanzania’s HIS and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic decision-making.
The Senior Technical Project Manager will be responsible for overall project management activities of the project. H/she will be responsible for providing technical support to bring about the successful completion of project milestones and objectives per the project work plan and deliverables, in coordination with all project stakeholders and partners. The Senior Technical Project Manager will report to the Project Director. This position is based in Dar-es Salaam, Tanzania.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop and manage sustainment project plans that establish scope, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Clarify requirements to ensure project execution according to plan. Identify and mitigate project risks.
- Monitor project execution, ensuring accountability and project delivery according to time, scope, budget, and quality.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Provide overall management of project management team
- Coordinate project activities and team across all project components to ensure efficient and effective implementation.
- Map, monitor and manage project critical path and proactively communicate any foreseen impact to project milestone