Job Title: Senior Marketing Technical Advisor, Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health), Zambia
Department: Southern Africa
Based in Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to the Deputy Chief of Party, Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health)
*Contingent upon funding
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
Society for Family Health (SFH), PSI’s network member in Zambia, works with the Government of Zambia and the private sector to improve the lives of vulnerable Zambians. For nearly 20 years, SFH has supported delivery of reproductive health, HIV and AIDS, malaria and child survival services and products in line with the policies and priorities identified by the government of Zambia.
PSI/SFH seeks an experienced Senior Marketing Technical Advisor to support the management, coordination and reporting of all activities under an anticipated $35-38m 5-year USAID-funded project in Zambia. The project will improve health outcomes for Zambians by increasing the use of essential health products and services among priority audiences through expanded availability and accessibility of quality health products and services in the private sector.
Sound like you? Read on.
You will lead private sector engagement and market development activities under the project. The Senior Marketing Technical Advisor will work in collaboration with the ZAM-HEALTH management team with a focus on private sector engagement, including among other, identifying opportunities for Public Private Partnerships (PPP); developing and implementing a strategy for the development of markets (from the supply, demand and enabling environment sides) for multiple health products and services based on the results of the current and upcoming market assessments; analyzing the portfolio of health products and/or services and, in conjunction with commercial actors, develop a plan towards cost-recovery of certain products and/or services. The position will report to the ZAM-HEALTH DCOP.
What are we looking for?
What values are we looking for in an ideal candidate?
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- A Master’s degree in business administration, marketing, logistics, international development, or related field is desirable;
- Experience working with the private sector in Zambia and/or (Southern) Africa (at least 3 years’ experience);
- Recognized expertise (at least 8 years) in at least one of the following areas: pharmaceutical/health product distribution and marketing, health services marketing, connections with the Zambian private sector and varied sectoral/interprofessional groups, implementing development projects with the private sector, in particular health financing schemes and/or market development;
- Demonstrated success improving the effectiveness and efficiency of product and/or service delivery marketing in the private sector;
- Proven leadership and management skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English and the ability to persuade through influence.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Population Services International is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender identity, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.