PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The global health sector is undergoing a digital transformation in its ongoing commitment to solve health challenges and increase health equity. Our work focuses on supporting countries in using data and digital tools and approaches to accelerate and amplify their health investments, achieve their health outcomes, and increase health impact. An important driver and component of that work is the digital transformation of global health itself. The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to improve the use of digital technologies and data for improved health services.
The CoDE team houses Digital Square, which is a global initiative, supported by PATH and funded by multiple donors, including United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, to invest in and mature the field of global digital health to realize this promise. We are maturing the field by improving coordination and alignment of both the donors that fund digital health projects and the community that implements them. We are improving the open source digital health software ecosystem and the capacity of governments to choose, maintain, and use these global goods. This increased coordination and matured software ecosystem will allow low- and middle-income countries to effectively manage their own regional and country digital health systems, thereby reducing reliance on development technical assistance over the longer term and improving health impact.
Digital Square, through USAID President’s Malaria Initiative’s (PMI) Digital Community Health Initiative, will support the Ministry of Health to digitalizing community health in the country to support community health workers and improve malaria service delivery using appropriate digital technologies and data capture processes.
PATH seeks a Senior Technical Advisor to provide strategic planning, policy, and governance expertise to the Senegalese Ministry of Health in their efforts to digitalize community health. The Technical Advisor will report to the Project Director, and the position will be based in Dakar, Senegal.
- Lead development and coordination of a national digital community health implementation plan.
- Provide technical leadership for project design, planning, governance, policy, and implementation activities.
- Serve as key advisor to the Ministry of Health as they plan for and develop an enabling environment for digitizing community health.
- Assist the Ministry of Health in coordination of health information system partners, health officials, and other key stakeholders.
- Lead monitoring and evaluation efforts, including the development and documentation of lessons learned.
- Promote PATH’s user-centric design methodologies for service and applications.
- Represent PATH to build and maintain productive relationships with donors, project partners, and national government counterparts.
- Prepare and present project reports and briefings.
- Partner with PATH leadership to proactively identify project gaps and solutions.