CARE is seeking for Senior Technical Advisor, Sexual Reproductive Health, who will provide key technical support to guide this project. Responsibilities will include working closely with country teams and partners to support quality formative research, intervention design, implementation, and evaluation. This will require knowledge of, and experience with, health systems in low-resource settings, family planning programming, and research and evaluation, as well as expertise in family planning and adolescent health. In addition, the Advisor must have French language skills. The incumbent will be responsible for insuring program quality through support for design and implementation. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for overall program management, including, but not limited to the following: development and execution of work plans, overseeing sub-awards and contracts, coordination internally and externally, budget management, project reporting, and liaising with donors and partners.
- Collaborate with country teams, research partners and design partners to develop and execute formative research to inform intervention design.
- Work closely with country teams and partners to support quality formative research, intervention design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Develop the research protocols and tools, oversight of data collection and analysis, and packaging of results.
- Collaborate with country teams to ensure the interventions are of quality.
- Collaborate with country teams and research partners to develop and execute the evaluation ( w/ quantitative and qualitative components) of the interventions.
- Establishing effective coordination to include setting strategic direction, developing joint work plans, and regular meetings/calls and follow-up.
- Budget development and ongoing budget monitoring
- Develop and oversee sub-awards and contracts for US-based partners. The Advisor will oversee and support project reporting.
- Masters or Doctoral level in public health, epidemiology, or behavioral/social sciences;
- 5-7 years; experience in a relevant position;
- Experience designing and implementing family planning and health programs in developing world contexts;
- Experience in both health systems strengthening, community-based health programming, adolescent sexual and reproductive health, integrated programming, or some combination of the above;
- Experience in designing and conducting formative research for the purpose of designing family planning programs;
- Experience in designing and executing quantitative and qualitative evaluations of health programs;
- Experience in partnership building, collaboration, and negotiation;
- Experience working in the South Asian context and West African context;
- Experience in managing a multi-country, multi-partner health program;
- Strong background in health and development;
- Knowledge of epidemiological methods, behavior and social science theories and concepts, and program evaluation;
- Strong skills in research design and implementation;
- Evidence of excellent writing skills (e.g. publication record);
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats;
- English and French proficiency;
- Proficiency in WORD, Excel, PowerPoint and SPSS or SAS or STATA.