NOTE: Position is contingent upon contract award to PATH.
PATH is currently seeking a qualified Senor Technical Advisor – IT Governance for an upcoming five-year USAID-funded “Supporting the Electronic Information Systems in Ethiopia to Improve Health Outcomes” program. The project’s goal is to provide technical assistance and other services for the implementation of the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) Activity to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health service and create a sustainable health care system through use of data for decision making and for providing similar services and deliverables to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. International development and global health represent one of the greatest opportunities for the impact of digital technologies on a global scale. New technologies, approaches and tools are emerging daily, unfortunately into a fragmented and immature digital health market landscape that currently limits their promise to transform country health systems and accelerate and amplify progress towards national and global health goals.
The Senior Technical Advisor – IT Governance will be responsible for all IT governance aspects of the project. Responsible for providing strategic advice on in the development and implementation of IT governance strategy for the health sector including blue prints, roadmaps and architecture for system selection and integration. They will also be responsible for the development of enterprise architecture, IT policies, governance models and acts needed to support data use. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge and expertise in developing IT governance, strategy, and architecture.
- Provide support in the formulation, propagation and adoption of IT policies, standards, procedures and guidelines across the health sector
- Support FMOH in the development and implementation of information act to support data management processes for the health sector
- Collaboratively work with the FMOH and other stakeholders to review health data systems and use related governance systems, policies and procedures and suggest appropriate measures required to improve and streamline.
- Design, develop and implement IT compliance procedures, practices and processes to maintain a proactive conformance x
- Responsible for developing governance structures and policies and coordinate IT steering committees meetings
- Coordinate and facilitate Learning Needs Assessment (LNA) to ensure that training plans are aligned to health sector IT objectives