PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH in Ethiopia is currently implementing various high impact projects with the aim of saving and improving the lives of the most vulnerable and underserved women and children in the country. PATH Ethiopia office in collaboration with the Global Policy, Access and Introduction team is now looking for Senior Technical Advisor who can provide technical assistance to the national immunization program in Ethiopia.
The Senior Technical Advisor will report to the Country Director of PATH office in Ethiopia and expected to work closely with the global HPV and national immunization team particularly those supported by Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. The Senior Technical Advisor is expected to mainly provide technical support to MOH/EPI on the national scale up and rollout of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) effort and hand in hand provide technical assistance for the introduction of other new vaccines as per the national plan.
Major Duties of the Senior Technical Advisor
- Provide Technical Assistance to the Ethiopia National Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) to support implementation, improvements, and routinization of HPV vaccinations in the national program.
- Provide trainings, capacity building, and technical support in areas of infection prevention and control, immunization practices, service provision, data reporting, risk communication, demand generation, and other activities that facilitate high coverage of HPV vaccine.
- Serve as a focal person for PATH’s HPV vaccine-related work in Ethiopia.
- Provide leadership to and management for PATH’s in-country and regionally based immunization teams.
- Provide technical support to federal MOH/EPI and regional health bureaus in new vaccine introduction and related issues.
- Coordinate the international and national support provided by PATH to EPI in close consultation with the FMOH/EPI.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other in country partners such as UNICEF, WHO and CHAI in providing support for HPV vaccine delivery.
- Actively engage in internal and external team meetings and teleconferences to provide country update, discuss on issues and identify solutions.
- Stay current with latest technical knowledge/experience regarding HPV vaccine introduction, and other new vaccines of the investment portfolio of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance.
- Collaborate with Advocacy and communication team (in-country and global) and support EPI and regions in identifying appropriate social mobilization and demand generation activities and strategies for the HPV vaccine delivery and uptake.
- Properly communicate/report results of technical assistance to in-country leadership and immunization team, Global HPV team and other external stakeholders as required.
- Represent the HPV activities in Ethiopia at international, regional, and national meetings, where appropriate, and present findings from technical assistance work.
- Provide backup support to PATH’s Global HPV team for provision of technical assistance related to HPV vaccine and vaccination programs to other countries in Africa, as need arises and time allows.
- Contribute to development and writing of proposals for new projects.
- Provide additional support as necessary to build the portfolio of PATH Ethiopia or Global Policy, Access and Introduction team.
- Support Ministry of Health and represent PATH in discussions related to new vaccine introduction.
- Travel domestically, regionally and/or internationally, as required.