About Corus: Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 800 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world’s most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives.
At Corus we believe that good only grows stronger and we reflect that belief in our workplace culture. We value every employee’s specialized area of expertise and nurture professional growth. We promote an engaging and supportive work environment, where employees feel enabled and driven to innovate, learn and collaborate. And because our subsidiaries often function as partners, our employees have the opportunity to work across our enterprise family.
Corus is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our worldwide workplace, and we believe that social justice and respect for the human dignity of every person are fundamental to all we do as an organization.
Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
What you’ll do: The Senior Technical Advisor for Knowledge Management and Learning will support three distinct functions. The first is to propose and lead Corus’ knowledge management strategy, to help Corus capture what it knows and is learning through its work, and also support a culture of learning across the organization. This will include capturing and documenting lessons learned from technical implementation; developing knowledge products in collaboration with Technical Leads and Country teams; organizing knowledge exchanges, webinars, and learning forums; disseminating knowledge products via external and internal knowledge platforms; and maintaining a repository of knowledge products. The second function is to serve as the senior project manager and leader for a Corus’ organization-wide Data for Decision making (3D) system which is currently under design. The final primary function is to serve as a senior technical advisor for Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) within the Quality Impact and Learning Division of the Program Strategy and Technical Excellence Department of the International Program Division of Corus.
Location: HQ – Baltimore, Maryland or Washington, DC
About The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this position is a mid-career professional with significant exposure to and leadership in the field of knowledge management and learning in the international development sector. Preference is given for individuals that have held similar roles in non-profits or large donor-funded programs and can bring to the table innovative and cutting edge methods and approaches to organizational knowledge management and learning. Bilingualism in English and Arabic, French or Spanish is a plus as is previous experience working for USAID or a USG contractor.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field including communications, organization management, statistics, data science or a related degree.
- Minimum five (7) years’ experience in Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Platforms, databases, and MEL systems design.
- At least three (5) years’ experience working in international development, humanitarian assistance or trade, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and monitoring a knowledge management or organization learning plan and strategy to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective organizational approaches to learning and knowledge management including understanding of both technology used to support KML and also familiarity with basic Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) systems and processes in international development and the social sciences.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to convey messages through clear and concise writing.
Why You Should Apply: Corus offers competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer paid Vision insurance, lots of paid leave, generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and so much more!
Corus International prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by U.S. or International law.