NOTE: Position is contingent upon contract award to PATH.
PATH is currently seeking a qualified Senor Technical Advisor – Data Use for an upcoming five-year USAID-funded “Supporting the Electronic Information Systems in Ethiopia to Improve Health Outcomes” program. The project’s goal is to provide technical assistance and other services for the implementation of the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) Activity to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health service and create a sustainable health care system through use of data for decision making and for providing similar services and deliverables to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. International development and global health represent one of the greatest opportunities for the impact of digital technologies on a global scale. New technologies, approaches and tools are emerging daily, unfortunately into a fragmented and immature digital health market landscape that currently limits their promise to transform country health systems and accelerate and amplify progress towards national and global health goals.
The Senior Technical Advisor – Digitization will provide technical leadership for the digitization of priority HIS components.
- Lead the design and support facilitation of requirements gathering workshops and documentation
- Work with the Government of Ethiopia stakeholders at all levels to document existing and planned systems, understand opportunities and challenges to link them together, and support efforts to design future data system and data use investments in the country.
- Provide leadership in to identifying and documenting business and user requirements by working with the Government of Ethiopia stakeholders at all levels of the health system
- Work with DUP technical team to understand the requirements and analyse any requirement discrepancies identified
- Provide strategic, technical guidance and direction to DUP in collaboration with partners ensuring alignment with latest technical information, evidence and approaches in digital health.
- Lead the identification of digital health “best practices” opportunities or examples, in Ethiopia and beyond, for national or global health partners.
- Oversee and coordinate the development and analysis of requirements of end users and the government and resolve any requirements discrepancies identified.
- Oversee the identification and evaluation of digital health technologies based on: fitness for purpose, total cost of ownership, system effectiveness and business model.
- Provide strategic advice in technical implementations of digital health to government technical staff and partners.
- Assists in the development and enforcement of system architectural decisions and development standards on behalf of DUP.
- Working with secondees and Government counterparts, ensure software project management best practices are instituted within Government.