Purpose of Job
As Senior Team Administrator (known internally as Senior Officer), you will support the Associate Director, Head of Grant Unit in managing the “Grant Review” effectively, efficiently and in compliance with all requirements. The Grant Review is a key function in the EBRD as the Bank has a duty of care towards its donors and should treat externally mobilised resources with the same degree of care, transparency and diligence as its own resources. The Grant Unit coordinates the Grant Review and scrutinises projects proposals for TC activities to ensure high quality, compliance with EBRD policies and rules and eligibility for grant funding and contracting.
EBRD mobilises funds from its donors to help the Bank to deliver on its transition (sustainable development) mandate to promote sustainable and inclusive growth and to secure a greener future. EBRD works with the private sector and with governments. Donor funds are used to address affordability constraints, reduce risks, improve market outcomes in the presence of significant externalities and increase the sustainability and transition impact of its work.
EBRD’s donor funds business has grown in scale and complexity with almost 50% the Bank’s work supported in some way by donor funds. The active donor portfolio amounts to over EUR 3bn with some 230+ funds under management.
DCF works as a catalyst in raising and managing donor funds, working closely with donors and other departments in the EBRD, and ensuring that the Bank provides high quality reporting to its donors on all types of donor-funded transactions, policy reform or other programmes and projects.
The Grant Unit is housed in DCF, led by a Head (Associate Director level) and includes one support staff for managing the Grant Review.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Working closely with the Head of Grant Unit, you will:
- Be the focal point for the Grant Review (in your own right and on behalf the Head of Grant Unit) and be responsible for all administration of the Grant Review.
- On a daily basis, ensure a smooth running of the Grant Review and its processes, compiling the agenda, liaising with teams to ensure timely submission of grant funded TC projects, compiling and circulating the documents for review, scheduling and organising meetings as required;.
- Be the key interface with reviewing members, submitting units, support units, internal clients, and the secretariats of other management committees (SP Com and Ops Com) within the Bank, operating in a client oriented manner, dealing independently, and promptly with queries on all grant review operational and procedural issues, regarding providing substantive advice policy and best practice.
- On a daily basis, liaise with responsible DCF colleagues to link and align the project approval via the Grant Review to DCF’s funding approval processes.
- Liaise with responsible DCF colleagues to obtain views and opinions on TCs and co-investment grants for the investment approval process (Ops Com, SBIC, Delegated Authority).
- Be responsible for managing, ensuring data integrity, maintenance or updating of business systems (TCRS) and procedures related to the Grant Review.
- Be responsible for maintaining records of Grant Review submissions, decisions, any meeting record, and lessons learned and their follow up, through gathering information from reviewing departments.
- Be responsible for any other actions as identified by the Head of Grant Unit or Director, DCF.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent vocational qualifications, preferrred
- Previous experience in administrative or similar position in an international organisation
- Ability to work independently and to organise and prioritise workload in order to meet dynamic deadlines
- Ability to quickly attain solid knowledge of grant funded projects, processes and business needs
- Strong organisational, administrative, and numerical skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive issues
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Reliable, tactful and flexible with professional manner
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.