With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 800 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Senior Talent Acquisition Lead supports and advises business functions and our science, economics and policy focused programs in securing the best talent. This role will encompass some international recruiting to support EDF’s global expansion. It’s an exciting time to be a part of EDF as we scale around the globe!
Location note: Remote work (US) or in any one of our US offices is okay, provided you can accommodate Eastern time zone meetings.
You are more than capable on executing the day-to-day recruitment activity and you have a deep passion for: finding the right person, building relationships and networks, managing an excellent candidate experience, weaving diversity and inclusion through everything you do, and coaching/ collaborating with hiring managers and HR colleagues.
- Full lifecycle recruitment for open roles across both EDF research programs and corporate functions; partnering with management and developing /executing strategy, screen/interview and evaluate candidates, perform reference checks, and facilitating the process through to offer delivery, negotiation of complex offers and on-boarding
- Conduct competency based interviews, assess candidates, present shortlists with rationales
- Coach managers through a robust hiring process and selection
- Provide external advice and context on marketplace conditions as well as creative solutions
- Build talent networks and candidate pipelines in key areas across the organization, developing relationships and tapping industry sources to develop robust talent pools
- Maintain a pulse on business needs and strategy, act as EDF brand ambassador and champion best practices throughout the process
- Manages processes in our iCIMS Applicant Tracking System as well as provide support as needed to hiring managers
- Identify opportunities for increased effectiveness of current recruiting programs
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Supports or leads other TA special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in recruitment, either in an RPO or in-house high performing TA function
- Superbly organized and always seeking out better TA practices
- Proven behavioral interview and candidate assessment skills
- Sophisticated negotiation skills with a knowledge of best practices and compensation /offer structures
- Strong relationship management, consultative approach, ability to influence within a matrixed organization
- Strong market research capacity for talent trends
- Self-starter with high energy; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Quick study who is able to learn new disciplines quickly, and adaptable to change in an evolving organization and globally scaling environment
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, meet deadlines and be nimble with shifting priorities
- Experience with international recruiting is a plus
- Knowledge of applicable employment law and compliance helpful
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems important
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.