We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Senior Talent Acquisition Associate
Department/Location: Talent Acquisition/HR
Reports To: TA Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI seeking a Senior Talent Acquisition Associate to support timely, full cycle recruiting for proposals, projects and Home Office openings, with a focus on strategic recruitment positioning for IBTCI’s new business and active programs. The Senior TA Associate will work closely with the TA team as well as technical and new business units to find the best possible talent.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to writing and reviewing job descriptions, sourcing, screening, vetting and selecting candidates as well as conducting salary negotiations with the finalists. This position is based in IBTCI’s home office located in Vienna, VA (currently remote due to COVID 19).
- Conduct multiple recruitments for proposals, projects and home office openings.
- Leverage networks and internal and external recruitment resources, to find the best talent and conduct full life cycle recruiting (Source, advertise, screen, interview/vet candidate tracking, selection and salary negotiation).
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals including attending industry networking and career events to proactively recruit the best talent.
- Identify and propose process improvements including recruitment tools, templates, procedures and policies for improved recruitment efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain own requisitions UpToDate in Applicant Tracking System (iCIMS), ensuring candidates are in the correct status of the recruitment process maintaining compliance with current laws and HR processes.
- Coach and advise IBTCI staff engage in recruitment activities.
- Assist recruitment team to promote a culture of purpose and excellence in recruiting among the recruitment team, as well as other staff.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of experience with international development recruitment, particularly for USAID and State Department projects with a Master’s Degree or equivalent of at least 5 years with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Mastery of word processing, spreadsheets, database use and presentation software (Microsoft Office).
- Well-organized, attention to detail and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience using Applicant Tracking System required, (ICIMS familiarity preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing multiple simultaneous recruitments and managing the entire recruitment cycle.
- Ability to prioritize and communicate clearly and professionally with internal clients and external candidates, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of United States Government recruitment compliance issues.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, business administration or related field required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Recruitment experience in one or more of IBTCI’s business lines (M&E, evaluation gender, knowledge management or capacity building) highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of local and regional talent market with an established network that can be leveraged in support of assigned recruitment tasks.
- Previous field (international) experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve complex issues using strong analytical skills and proactively anticipate work requirements.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Oral and written fluency in a foreign language preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. Currently the company is allowing for remote work due to COVID 19 in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) area. This can be updated by the company.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).