The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters : Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do : We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together : We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage : We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people : We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The Post-Award Senior Specialist for Grants and Contracts works is responsible for a broad range of post-award activities that support development of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s portfolio of grants and awards, which include basic research, research training and clinical care awards as well as contracts with academic institutions, hospitals, private practices, and corporations throughout the United States and abroad. The Senior Specialist serves as an expert and primary point of contact and knowledgeable resource for principal investigators and research administration staff, as well as the Program Officers, to collaborate in maintaining and advancing the Foundation’s portfolio of grants in support of its mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides oversight and monitoring and performs ongoing maintenance of executed grants and award.
- Reviews renewal reports and expense reports, with designated authority to approve both, serving as Program Administrator under the guidance of the Sr Manager. Follows up as needed to resolve issues with incomplete or incorrect reports; forwards documents as appropriate for approval.
- Responds to and resolves post-award GMS issues.
- Prepares reports on grants and awards with outstanding contingencies.
- Prepares de-obligation notifications to Grantees/Awardees and associated Institutions.
- Manages review and reconciliation of G/L reports in collaboration with the Manager and Finance Department.
- Prepares monthly payment authorization schedule for grants and awards; verifies accuracy of scheduled payments; collaborates with Finance to resolve issues with payments.
- Leads collection of reports mandated by outside auditors and/or other outside agencies as assigned.
- Prepares gap analysis and testing of process flows in the Foundation’s Grants Management System (GMS).
- Provides training and direction to Grants support staff.
- Responsible for tracking and compilation of monthly data reports, in collaboration with other post-award team members.
- Specific projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum six years relevant work experience.
- Experience working with financial and grants management systems.
- Understanding of funding and non-profit organizations.
- Grants Management certification and/or Project Management certification a plus.
- Customer Service : Able to take initiative, demonstrate a customer service focus, exercise discretion, and maintain confidences.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and in writing with Program and Grant Officers and with staff at all levels having varying degrees of understanding of relevant regulations and procedures.
- Computer: Strong computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office, accounting, and financial reporting systems.
- Organizational Skills: Ability to organize priorities during levels of high demand and meet agreed upon deadlines for multiple constituents; able to maintain related electronic and paper records.
- Problem-solving Skills: Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy; understand how to escalate issues and follow through to resolution.
- Teamwork: Works together as part of a team, cooperates and uses personal contributions to promote success of the team; focuses on group results. Commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
- Regulatory: Aware of applicable administrative and financial regulations and able to apply them to daily work processes; assists with monitoring and guiding staff to ensure compliance.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Senior Manager, Research Administration. No direct reports.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Limited travel to meetings and conferences may be required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org .