Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
The Senior Specialist, Cloud Administrator will specialize in management, and support of Microsoft 365 and Azure Infrastructure. The candidate is expected to configure and secure Azure AD, Exchange Online, Microsoft Defender, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams, and Intune/Endpoint Management in a hybrid environment. This position will report to the Director of Technology Infrastructure and will assist in carrying out infrastructure-related projects, in addition to supporting the Azure eco-system. This position will be hybrid-remote with the expectation of periodic travel to various US-based EDF offices.
· Work on projects independently and make informed decisions with guidance from team members.
· Research new developments in related technology areas and make recommendations.
· Stay abreast of the dynamic Microsoft Azure eco-system and proactively make recommendations to support the changing demands of the organization.
· Supporting Microsoft Exchange Online Environment, configure policies around ATP and monitoring mail
· Supporting Microsoft Teams, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive
· Administration of Microsoft Intune/ Endpoint Manager
· Administer, manage, and implement changes to the enterprise Microsoft 365 environment including hybrid-environments, Microsoft Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS) and Azure Active Directory Connect.
· Work with other members of the IT team to ensure security standards and best practices are applied and maintained across the Office 365 environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent applicable experience or training
· Minimum 5+ years experience in systems administration or help desk tier 2-3 equivalent
· 4 years of Windows administration (on-prem or cloud)
· 3 years experience with Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Office 365 administration strongly preferred
· Experience with Azure Active Directory services and security.
· Solid understanding of networking concepts, Microsoft Windows Server, and Windows 10 Operating Systems
· Expert analytical and problem-solving skills
· Able to make informed and independent decisions
· Ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of staff and team members, including senior management, vendors, and users.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive
salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities
consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 61,000 –
which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills,
training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.