Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications. Work samples may be required.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Global Engagement & Communications team leads PATH’s brand, communications, policy and advocacy, philanthropy, business development and strategic corporate engagement efforts. We tell the story of PATH’s work internally and externally, support the efforts of governments and policymakers around the world to adopt healthy policies, and inspire donors and corporations to partner with us and support our work.
The Media Team within Global Engagement and Communications is responsible for managing PATH’s brand across earned, owned and paid media channels. We have an immediate opening for a Senior Social Media Manager to lead the fastest growing, and highly visible, channel PATH has to offer and is part of PATH’s Marketing & Communications team.
The Sr. Social Media Manager has a robust amount of experience around both paid and organic approaches with social media programs, that leverage the strengths of the platforms and the communities that connect within them, while ensuring that we are growing engagement and driving traffic and conversion where most appropriate. The Sr. Social Media Manager will serve as PATH’s global lead across social platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter; they will manage both community engagement efforts and all paid social efforts across PATH’s social channels. They will understand how to use social media to strategically build brands, create attention and generate user advocacy on a global scale.
Key priorities for the Sr. Social Media Manager include developing a global architecture for all PATH’s social channels; establishing governance and guidance to support social media leads across the organization; driving acquisition of new customers and greater engagement with existing followers in our institutional social channels. They will lead the creation of a distinct point of view on the look, feel, sound (overall taxonomy) that shows up in our social channels, and be nimble and responsive to fast hitting news that drive value to the brand. They will develop and lead a program that includes highly sharable content that is creative, attention getting and on-brand. The Sr. Social Media Manager will be expected to work closely with the marketing strategy, creative and operations teams as well as PATH’s program and country teams to ensure that social media plans are effectively integrated into content marketing efforts that reflect the organization’s strategy and priorities.
Leadership and Strategy:
- Develop holistic social media strategy (publishing, creative, community management, paid, organic), and lead the execution of it through the team, with a push for continuous improvement.
- Drive point of view on creative, content and storytelling footprint that clearly positions PATH’s brand across multiple channels in partnership with the creative and editorial teams at PATH.
- Deliver a clear point of view on the best application of a social approach in brand messaging across PATH programs, campaigns and total offering in a way that puts the customer at the center.
- Deliver and implement a thoughtful point of view on the best social media strategy, governance policy and program structure to support the global footprint of PATH (i.e. country offices and US HQ).
- Share best practices and trends internally on the total breadth of the social media landscape, with a thorough understanding of the capabilities of social media and its ability to connect with a wide range of audiences, and how to use those capabilities to develop a range of strategies and content forms that social media users want to share with their networks.
- Challenge teams to have their finger on the pulse for the global health industry, NGOs, values that are connected to PATH and other sectors with which we work to ensure that our voice and messages sit within the appropriate context.
- Drive enhanced sophistication in overall resource planning and analytics to enable us to optimize our investments and grow the impact that this program is having on the total organization (brand awareness and donor/funder revenue).
- Partner with media relations, performance marketing and editorial to ensure that the social strategy is being honored and applied in the best way across all publishing functions
Planning & Navigating:
- Proactively define and deliver social media strategy, business plans and roadmap in the achievement of PATH business goals.
- Lead the development and direct the implementation of a wide range of content forms, including video, text, still imagery, animation, live action and other content forms that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
- Define and develop digital experiences, tools and processes to enable community engagement between customers, members, influencers and PATH.
- Drive alignment and push for social-first thinking within the greater integrated marketing efforts to bring cohesive PATH brand to market.
- Oversee agency and application selection, negotiation, resourcing and management as needed.
- Establish and grow internal relationships at all levels of the organization to ensure long-term program development and growth.
- Work collaboratively with PATH teams across the business to develop and execute creative ideas, plans and strategies as well as applying social insights to the broader business (e.g. trends on Instagram to inform visual content development).
- Drive social media program planning and cadence in partnership with marketing and communications leadership.
- Communicate program strategies and results consistently to create
- transparency and visibility into the progression of the program.