ICF is seeking a highly motivated Scrum Master to support citizen facing digital solutions for a variety of Federal clients. The Scrum Master will inspire and empower collaborative teams to deliver quality, innovative, and highly scalable web-based applications to end clients. The ideal Scrum Master will have prior experience coaching teams on Agile best practices, processes, and tools. This role works with matrixed and cross disciplinary teams. It leads the successful delivery across markets, ensuring teams are appropriately resourced, focused on the key priorities, and aligned between roadmaps to project objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Guides and coaches teams on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Gets teams to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Ensures the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Works with teams, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making.
- Asks difficult questions, removes impediments, and makes issues and problems visible. Escalates as necessary.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Ensures cross functional coordination (UX, analysts, developers and testers) is occurring early and often
- Uses Jira to provide visibility to status, metrics, predictability, throughput, quality, impediments, and dependencies.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Manage, train and mentor mid-level and entry-level BAs who work on different projects; assist with candidate evaluation for new BA hires
- Assists the team agree on what they can achieve during each development sprint (or another period)
- Facilitates the daily standup (sometimes called the daily scrum) and helping the team reach a consensus
- Helps the team make progress on the project by ensuring each person is working on the right tasks, helping to remove any obstacles to the team members’ progress, and protecting the team from distractions
For this role, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in Agile development including coaching on agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical discipline
- Scrum Master Certification (Highly Preferred)
- Ability to coach a team and stakeholders on Agile practices and ensure adherence to Agile methodology
- Strong facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospective
- Enjoys solving problems and able to resolve conflicts through strong mediation skills
- Communicates clearly and can deliver complex messages and teach new concepts
- Motivated, driven, and can influence and drive teams to success using Agile/SAFe/Scrum/Lean practices
- Proven leadership experience in achieving successful project outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teamwork in and across teams and organizations
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Advanced level of proficiency with Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and Mural
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range – There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$56,467.00 – $154,598.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)