Function of the Position:
The Revenue Analyst is a full-time, professional role involving a range of financial operations, analysis, and reporting to support the growth and effective management of DAI’s Sustainable Business Group (SBG). SBG works across private-sector industries including oil and gas, metals and mining, capital projects and infrastructure, renewable energy, retail, food and beverage, financial services, telecommunications, and more. Our approach is client-focused and data-driven, defined by 40 years of development experience around the world. We rely on data-rich technical analysis and on-the-ground relationships to structure successful services engagements and investments in emerging markets, with an unwavering commitment to our clients and the countries where they work.
This role is primarily responsible for the all billing for the unit with additional responsibilities with financial analysis, budget/forecasting, and project financial support. The role requires composure under pressure of meeting tight deadlines, extreme attention to detail, and consistently accurate, high-quality accounting and financial reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Using Oracle, run revenue process for all field and HO costs and manage the monthly billing calendar for SBG. Evaluate and confirm that cost or revenue distributions are accurate and free from errors. Review and assess client billing requirements per contract to ensure accounting of revenue and expenses are accurate per the contract terms. Learn and become a subject matter expert in a variety of contract types, such as fixed daily rate contracts and Fixed Priced. Confirm funding and bill rates based on contract and contract modifications. Interact with field and home office (HO) teams as well as with the client. Run final invoices and submit to client.
Administration of Billing and
Maintain contract files, including billing rules per contract, contract modifications (mods), invoices, and other correspondence relating to project. Track invoice payments and process short payments of invoices paid by the client. Collaborate with cash management to reconcile cash accounts. Perform project setup maintenance in compliance with contract mods to ensure the accuracy in Oracle accounting system.
- Business Unit Financial Management
Support the tracking and analysis of the business unit’s financial performance and assess areas of financial and performance risk. Conduct business unit analyses and reporting including corporate budgeting, monthly financial analysis, reforecasting, variance analysis, pipeline analysis, and graphical summaries of business unit financial performance.
- Project & New Business Financial Support
Price new business efforts, including cost analysis and profitability. Support project management teams in establishing and tracking project budgets, internal and external reporting on project financials, project pipeline tracking, and reforecasting estimates to complete.
- Ad Hoc Financial Analyses
Other ad-hoc business analyses, including financial analysis of target companies (P&L, balance sheet, cash flows, forecasts), developing acquisition pricing and ROI/DCF modeling, supporting financial due diligence, and supporting financial integration of acquired businesses.
- Additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Grade 7: Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of relevant professional experience OR a Master’s degree and 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Grade 8: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant professional experience OR Master’s degree and 3 years of relevant professional experience
- High proficiency in MS excel (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, tables and graph production) and in MS PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic understanding of principles of accounting
- Ability to write precisely and concisely
- Ability to influence and work in a support role
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and under high pressure
- Business innovation and creativity mindset
Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle accounting package is a plus.
Supervisory Requirements: None
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.