The purpose of this assessment is to evaluate the results of the advocacy, monitoring and oversight interventions by the USAID-assisted civil society organizations in the area of democratic governance. This assessment shall also provide recommendations to USAID to make current program adjustments and inform future programming.
SI is seeking two individuals to fulfill the role of Senior Researcher for this Civil Society Evaluation. The Senior Researcher will carry out a desk review, assist with deliverables, and attend all briefings and presentations to the client. In addition, the Senior Researcher will assist with data collection and compilation, contribute to data analysis, and provide technical inputs. The project will begin in March and is projected to last until June 2021. The desk review will be performed remotely and fieldwork will likely be required by local team members in April or May depending on the results of the desk review and feedback received from RDMA.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates located in Sri Lanka will be considered.**
- Assist with a desk review of documents relevant to USAID, the implementing partner, and CSOs operating in Sri Lanka.
- Provide technical inputs for the assessment design and data collection instruments.
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders in Sri Lanka.
- Develop project deliverables, including the work plan and desk review, data collection tools, initial and process briefings, and final report and applicable presentations.
- Assist with presentation of findings and associated results to key stakeholders.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development or any related field.
- At least ten years of related experience in international development, especially with civil society programming in human rights and reconciliation in post-conflict settings.
- Experience in working with Sri Lankan CSOs in democratic governance sector.
- Understanding of current Sri Lanka country and political context as well as development challenges.
- Strong oral communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Sinhala or Tamil required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.