The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Senior Research Assistant (SRA) Research Analyst (RA) for a one-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment in its Director General’s Office. The SRA/RA will assist in the preparation of research and outreach publications and presentations related to food security, nutrition, agricultural and rural development, and poverty reduction issues. The SRA/RA will also be assigned other duties as needed and work in close collaboration with the Director General, Chief of Staff, and other staff as appropriate. This position is located at IFPRI’s headquarters in Washington, DC.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Research and analyze a variety of topics related to key development outcomes such as food security and nutrition.
- Conduct literature review and syntheses.
- Draft research papers, reports, policy briefs, journal articles.
- Prepare presentations, speeches, blog posts, op-eds, commentaries.
- Conduct trend analysis on major factors affecting global food security and nutrition.
- Conduct other quantitative analysis as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, International Development, Public Policy, or a closely related field.
- At the Research Analyst level, minimum of 3 years of post-Master’s experience in relevant work is required.
- Knowledge of issues related to food security and nutrition, agricultural and rural development, and poverty alleviation.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Outstanding visual presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to be proactive and self-motivated.
- Professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong background in development economics and applied economics.
- Experience with infographics.