The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Research Assistant / Senior Research Assistant in the Development Strategy and Governance (DSG) Division. The selected candidate would conduct research and operational work for DSG’s Ghana Strategic Support Program (GSSP). GSSP is a research, communication, and capacity-strengthening program in Ghana to develop and implement agricultural and rural development strategies. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, D.C. for a one year renewable appointment.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Collection and analysis of primary and secondary data in the field of agricultural economics.
- Conducting high-quality, scholarly literature reviews in agricultural economics.
- Contributing to the writing of research reports, journal articles, policy briefs, and other publications.
- Frequent travel to Ghana to participate in research, training and outreach activities for GSSP.
- Other international travel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in agricultural economics,
- Familiarity with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Experience conducting economic analysis and familiarity with various statistical software packages, such as STATA.
- Ability to conduct literature reviews, synthesize research findings and draft policy briefs.
- Strong English writing and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proactive approach to work, and a team-oriented spirit.
- Ability to travel.
- Prior experience conducting research in agricultural economics field in developing countries, especially in Africa.
- Experience with primary household, farm or agricultural production data collection using surveys, structured interviews, archives, and/or focus groups.
- Ability to engage with policymakers.
- Strong interest in agriculture and rural development.