The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Senior Research Assistant (SRA) for a one-year, fixed-term, renewable, exempt appointment in its Markets, Trade and Institutions Division (MTID). The SRA work with colleagues to assist in the following tasks: literature reviews, design and management of surveys and other field work, data analysis, and preparation of presentations and papers in different research projects. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, DC and may involve travel to sub-Saharan Africa and/or Southeast Asia. Final grade level will be determined by years of relevant work experience.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning and analysis of data, particularly household survey data.
- Assisting in drafting reports and papers.
- Performing reviews of the literature on selected topics.
- Other relevant job duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or a closely related field.
- Skills in quantitative research methods and data analysis.
- Experience using Stata software for data analysis.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work independently and with colleagues from diverse cultures.
- Experience analyzing agricultural and household survey data from developing countries.
- Experience with geographic information systems (GIS), Matlab, GAMS, or CAPI software.
- Strong background in microeconomics and econometrics.
- Experience working in developing countries and/or on agricultural development issues.