Please submit a cover letter with your resume in one document describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s work in Vietnam began in 1980 with a project to improve local condom manufacturing capacity. Over the years we broadened our focus from contraceptive technologies to wider health issues, and our current focus areas include vaccine preventable disease, infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, and antimicrobial resistance and infection prevention and control.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Regional Program Officer (SRPO) with experience in malaria control, vaccine and immunization, and extensive knowledge of the health system in Vietnam.
PATH is seeking to locally recruit a Senior Regional Program Officer (SRPO) to provide technical support Malaria Control Program and health system in Vietnam and Vaccine and Immunization Programs in the South-East region. This position will report to the PATH Program Director.
The ideal candidate will apply their skills to provide technical assistance to Vietnam on Malaria Elimination and adopting new tools to combat Plasmodium Vivax malaria. Specifically, the candidate will work closely with the National Malaria Control Program to improve adherence and surveillance, as well as support introduction plans for new diagnostics.
Additionally, the candidate will use their knowledge of the health system in Vietnam on a project being conducted with the Ministry of Health on improving access to medical oxygen and respiratory care equipment. This will involve the quantitative analysis of large-scale survey results, collating information on medical equipment standards, creating situational analyses of the procurement and equipment management systems, as well as coordinating across relevant departments within the health system.
On Vaccine and Immunization, the candidate will work under guidance of Regional Technical Advisor (RTA) to provide technical assistance to Lao, Cambodia and Vietnam and other South-East countries in new vaccine introduction, strengthening routine immunization program and immunization systems, including but not limiting to Japanese Encephalitis and COVID-19 vaccine. This role also requires the Regional SRPO to work in interdisciplinary teams, collaborate with partner organizations and engage with policymakers and stakeholders at the regional and country level. The overarching role of the regional SRPO is to provide technical assistance for strengthening immunization system and new vaccine introduction.
- Lead planning, implementation, monitoring of specific activities conducted with the National Malaria Control Program.
- Coordinate with regional colleagues to share best practices and ensure regional project goals are met.
- Manage sub contracts/sub agreements by coordinating with the Project Administrators and RTA.
- Provide technical assistance to the National Malaria Control Program in Vietnam and work closely with PATH colleagues to support the introduction of new malaria medicines and diagnostics.
- Support the National Malaria Control Program in improving methods to measure patient adherence and provider compliance to malaria treatment guidelines. Collaborate with other stakeholders in the NGO sector and at the WHO to develop solutions.
- Work closely partners to support the development of introduction strategies and plans for new tools to eliminate malaria, including identifying financing channels and total costs.
- Coordinate with colleagues implement work plan in collaboration with Ministry of Health.
- Lead specific elements of work plan and ensure on-time delivery of results.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other countries to ensure global project standards and share lessons.
- Support the quantitative analysis of medical equipment surveys and compare results to official standards, and identify gaps and provide recommendations.
- Coordinate between different Ministry of Health stakeholders and departments to gather necessary information and data. Conduct interviews with these stakeholders to create situational analyses on procurement and equipment management systems as well as financing for medical equipment in Vietnam.
- Provide expert opinion and analysis on translating project findings into proposed solutions to increase access to medical oxygen and respiratory care equipment while quantifying necessary funding and identifying potential funding sources.
Vaccine and Immunization
- Lead targeted planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of JE project activities
- Manage sub contracts/sub agreements and consultants by coordinating with the Project Administrators and RTA.
- Coordinate with administrative and program staff to ensure financial management is compliant with donor and PATH regulations and monitor expenditure trends.
- Provide technical assistance to Laos and Cambodia in the development and implementation intervention programs for improving Japanese Encephalitis vaccination coverage and other immunization coverage.
- Take coordination role (with support from RTA and PATH Health Information System Officer) to work with stakeholders in Laos including National Immunization Program (NIP), University of Health Science (UHS), Department of Hygiene and Health Promotion (DHHP), Lao PDR in development of e-learning program for health staff on immunization.
- Provide technical and coordination support to University of Health Science and NIP in updating their curriculum related to vaccine and immunization.
- Provide technical and coordination support to NIPs in Laos and Cambodia to interpret, consolidate and communicate results of projects to relevant stakeholders in Laos and Cambodia.