International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Senior Recruitment Associate
Department/Location: Business Development
Reports To: VP, Business Development
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is currently seeking a Senior Recruitment Associate to support timely, full-cycle recruiting for proposals and projects, with a focus on strategic recruitment positioning for IBTCI’s new business and active programs. The Senior Recruitment Associate will work closely with our Senior Recruitment Manager as well as technical and new business teams at IBTCI to find the best possible personnel who are compliant with donor and IBTCI policies and procedures for proposals and projects.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to writing job descriptions, sourcing, screening , vetting and shortlisting candidates and contributing to related personnel requirements for new business proposals. This position is based in IBTCI’s home office located in Vienna, VA.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct multiple recruitments for positions identified on proposals and projects.
- Leveraging networks, internal and external recruitment resources, undertake full life cycle recruiting including position description development (in conjunction with hiring managers).
- Source, advertise, screen, interview/vet candidate tracking, shortlist.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals including attending industry networking and career events to proactively recruit candidates.
- Prepare succinct CVs, bio-sketches and staffing tables for candidate presentation at the proposal and project level.
- Edit/rework CVs to highlight relevant skills and experience of specialists proposed on bids and projects.
- Identify and propose process improvements including recruitment tools, templates, procedures and policies for improved recruitment efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain corporate recruitment tracker, particularly ensuring it agrees with job posted on IBTCI’s career page and external sites.
- Maintain roster of recruiter consultants.
- Serve as point of contact for counterparts with recruitment-related vendors including LinkedIn, Devex, etc.
- Coach and advise IBTCI staff engage in recruitment activities.
- Assist with IBTCI’s recruitment system to help generate new consultants for our database.
- Assist recruitment team to promote a culture of purpose and excellence in recruiting among the recruitment team, as well as other staff.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Recruitment experience in one or more of IBTCI’s business lines (M&E, evaluation gender, knowledge management or capacity building) highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing multiple simultaneous recruitments and managing the entire recruitment cycle.
- Ability to prioritize and communicate clearly and professionally with internal clients and external candidates, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of United States Government recruitment compliance issues.
- Strong knowledge of local and regional talent market with an established network that can be leveraged in support of assigned recruitment tasks.
- At least 3 years of experience with international development recruitment, particularly for USAID and State Department projects with a Master’s Degree. At least 5 years with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
- Demonstrated experience with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, often within tight deadlines.
- Experience with e-recruitment or applicant tracking systems.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Business, Development or related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in a corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.