International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance and Communications Specialist
Department/Location: Erbil, Iraq
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is an exempt-level position and is not eligible for overtime
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance and Communications Specialist for its Iraq Monitoring and Evaluation Project (IMEP) project in Erbil, Iraq. The program visits select activities funded by USAID to collect, analyze and report data to help increase both USAID and its partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, progress, challenges, successes and lessons learned of selected USAID-funded projects. This position is open to Iraqi Nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct quality assurance review and analysis of all site visit report data (both Arabic and English data sets).
- Manage IMEP’s monitoring database.
- Maintain the overall information/data cataloguing, processing, filing and tracking systems for the project, including secondary data from Implementing Partners, secondary data from other sources and primary data from the project’s subcontractors.
- Analyze and produce reports on project data both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Lead the development and maintenance of IP activities/sites database, and the tracking of data sharing cycles and schedules with IPs, subcontractors and other staff.
- Lead and train the IMEP field monitoring teams together with the COP, DCOPs, and Project Coordinators.
- Design training materials and present all elements of training focused on data quality, data collection protocols, photography, GPS, and content required for reports.
- Meet one-on-one with IMEP’s subcontractor managers to provide detailed metrics and feedback on the quality of data collected each month.
- Design and finalize the formatting, maps, covers, photo display and layout of each Monthly Monitoring Report, including a one-page snapshot graphic for IMEP’s Monthly Reports to USAID.
- Design all IMEP communication materials, including public presentations, reports, dashboards etc.
- Serve as IMEP’s IT Specialist – programming phones for data collection and photography, designing online surveys and problem-solving IT issues with the IMEP database, monitoring cameras, GPS units and laptops as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience designing and managing large-scale, complex databases and online platforms for humanitarian assistance or monitoring projects preferably funded by USAID, or other donor agencies, INGO or UN entities.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results-oriented professional work outputs.
- Strong ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced work environment without losing track of details and quality.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to work with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to take initiative with the ability to implement and manage program activities proactively without waiting for instructions.
- At least four (4) years of progressive professional experience in international development and monitoring and evaluation systems and programs, with three (3) years of experience working with USAID-funded, INGO or UN entity programs focused on humanitarian assistance.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and data analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data sets.
- Proven experience collecting, analyzing and cataloguing data using rigorous, verifiable and ethical methods of data collection and data management.
- At least three (3) years of experience designing and managing complex databases and at least two (2) years of experience designing online platforms to capture, share and store data for mobile or phone surveys.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in IT, statistics, populations studies (demographics), engineering or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Iraq.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.