QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight in drafting the qualitative sections of the MV&R reports for each round
- Develop (in consultation with USAID) tools and protocols to capture relevant qualitative data, which will yield rich qualitative information across each activity
- Orient USAID staff/field staff/subcontractors on the new/revised qualitative data collection tools, and protocols
- Review, analyze, and synthesize qualitative data to ensure logical inferences and conclusions are drawn from the findings
- Triangulate MV&R findings with routine program and evaluation data to provide further insight into program effectiveness and identify opportunities for learning
- Generate and disseminate synthesized reports and presentations that are tailored to the intended audience
- At least 5 years of overseas experience in international development conducting qualitative research
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of evaluation, international development or a related technical field
- Technical proficiency in at least one of the following fields: democracy and governance, economic growth, education, and stabilization
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including an ability to synthesize and explain complex information to stakeholders
- Prior experience in a high threat environment
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability
- Somali language proficiency
- Understanding of Somali culture and operating environment
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.