ChildFund International intends to engage a consultant with extensive expertise in OVC programming, as well as writing and designing USAID/PEPFAR proposals. The consultant will support the technical design of the proposal along with the proposal manager in response to the call for proposals issued by USAID.
In this process, the consultant will work with ChildFund and its partners (as appropriate) to guide the project design, and to present a coherent technical approach building on consortium members’ expertise. The consultant, alongside the proposal manager, will support in proposal design and offer technical inputs and guidance as well as lead the writing and production of technical drafts. This assignment will require travel to Addis Ababa and Washington, DC.
In close collaboration with ChildFund staff, the consultant will support proposal development efforts will include the following tasks:
- Research and provide inputs on the technical design of ChildFund’s proposed interventions in OVC to alleviate the impact on children’s health and well-being.
- Participate in discussions for overall proposal strategy and gather relevant background data.
- Write and consolidate technical drafts using proposal outline developed by the proposal manager.
- Provide written and verbal feedback to the proposal development team during yellow and red team review meetings and support the proposal development team in incorporating feedback. Provide verbal and written technical advice to the team as required.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s Degree in social sciences, public health, or a related field is required.
- Technical expertise in OVC programming and PEPFAR 3.0 required.
- 5 + years’ experience writing and designing complex proposals funded by USAID.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for extended periods throughout the proposal development process.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong English communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Relevant computer software skills.
- Key deliverables and timeline to be determined based on proposal calendar. Consultant will need to prepare documents/materials in advance of those deadlines to allow for review and feedback.
Expected Level of Effort: To be determined based on deliverables (estimated between 20 and 40 days)
Timeframe: From signature of consulting agreement to submission of proposal to donor.
Management and Supervision: The consultant will report to Maria Redini, Senior Business Development Manager