Position Title: Senior Project Manager (Illinois), U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit
Reports to: Senior Project Lead, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit
Location: Remote, US (Illinois base preferred)
Position Type: Full-time for 5-6 months (may include evenings and weekends)
Leveraging PIH’s experience and lessons learned from our COVID contact tracing collaboration with the state of Massachusetts, and our 30 years of global work in emergency epidemic response and health systems strengthening, PIH has launched a new team to accompany U.S. states, cities and community partners in rapidly scaling up contact tracing and building more equitable and effective public health responses to COVID-19 in the US.
The U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit team works to accompany public sector and community partners on the frontlines of the public health response to COVID-19, to address this acute-on-chronic public health crisis, by providing technical assistance and knowledge sharing platforms to accelerate implementation of effective, equitable COVID-19 responses. Our approach to providing technical assistance to different public sector and community partners in the United States includes providing expertise and advice on design and implementation, incorporating an equity lens into execution, and creating a community of partners across the US to share best practices and challenges in order to fortify efforts amidst the national response to COVID-19.
The Senior Project Manager will join a fast paced and dynamic team accompanying states, cities and communities across the US in ramping up more effective and equitable public health responses to COVID-19. This Senior Project Manager will be responsible for oversight of PIH’s technical assistance work with the early childhood, K-12, and postsecondary education community, particularly as professionals in the education sector are eligible for the vaccine. By partnering with the local education community, this work will demonstrate that an investment in grassroots engagement strategies can mitigate COVID-19 spread, improve vaccine uptake, and strengthen community capacity for the long-term.
- Provide technical support in the areas of vaccine communications planning, engagement, and training for organizational and community partners across the educators landscape
- Launch a listening tour and discovery process to assess partner needs and capacities in preparation for vaccine education and outreach activities
- Identify and establish collaborative relationships with the Department of Health, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders
- Compile, synthesize and analyze data to inform the development of assessments, recommendations and other advising and program materials
- Liaise with the Senior Project Lead to align the educators work with the citywide efforts of the Vaccine Corps Partnership
- Develop governance and knowledge management structures and facilitate meetings among the project partners and stakeholders
- Prepare donor reports and other external program reports as needed
- Contribute learnings and insights from this sector-specific work to broader US Public Health Accompaniment Unit resource library and learning collaborative
- Provide regular reports on program and work progress to PIH leadership team, and liaise across other PIH USPHAU teams
- Bachelor’s Degree plus at least 5 years work experience; or advanced degree plus 3-4 years work experience
- Prior project management experience in complex, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills, qualitative and quantitative analytical capabilities
- Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills and ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging environment
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude, empathy, and strong work ethic
- Entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor and flexibility in the face of rapidly evolving scope of work and new challenges
- Sound judgment and ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and health equity
- Strong communication skills, including delivery of compelling presentations and documents in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel a plus
- Commitment to social justice
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.