DAI is looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager to oversee the implementation of the anticipated Technical Assistance Facility for sustainable energy funded by the EU.
The Project Manager will be responsible to oversee the team delivering energy-related interventions worldwide, and in charge of overall project management, including regular contact with the relevant Unit at DG DEVCO, the mobilisation of Non-Key Experts and overall quality control.
The expert will either be based in DAI’s Brussels office, or based at home, but must be available on short notice for meetings in Brussels. Travel may be required to the partner countries. The anticipated starting date is November 2019, with an initial implementation period of 48 months.
About the project
Building on the experience of the EU’s Technical Assistance Facility for sustainable energy for all (SE4ALL), the EU is launching a new global Technical Assistance Facility in response to partners’ requests and to cover existing needs for policy advice, technical assistance and capacity building in support of regulatory reforms and investments in sustainable energy.
The new Technical Assistance Facility will contribute to improved sector governance and increased investments and to the creation of a conducive business environment by assisting the partner countries in increasing their capacities in the energy sector, in line with the EU External Investment Plan and regional blending platforms. The Technical Assistance Facility will work in all the fields related to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 7 (“Ensure access to affordable reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all”) and SDG13 (“Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts”). There will be a need to support partners in diverse fields, tasks and activities, in order to reach both SDG7 and SDG13 goals and the EU related policies. The geographical coverage is global and most of the intervention will focus on developing countries.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a 4 year’ University degree in business administration or a related discipline. A Master’s degree in fields related to the contract such as energy or project management would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; reporting skills and computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proven communication skills (oral and written)
General professional experience
- At least 12 years’ project management and coordination experience
- Experience in organising seminars and workshops
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years’ experience of project management and coordination (with project leader/manager/coordinator capacity) in development cooperation and in the energy sector
- Experience in managing multi-country projects, preferably in energy access, renewable energy or energy efficiency, will be an advantage
- Experience with mobilisation of specialised expertise from EU member states regulatory bodies, sustainable energy agencies and/or EU electricity utilities
- Work experience of projects involving energy sector policy reforms increasing access to modern and sustainable energy services in developing countries would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with EU procedures and rules would be an advantage
- Experience with events’ organisation
Please note that, even though some of the requirements are recommended, we would prefer candidates who complied with all the requirements.