PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager (SPM) responsible for managing key internal and external activities determining project success, such as leading development of integrated project plans, developing and tracking schedules and identifying and managing critical risks. Reporting through the Center for Vaccines Innovation and Access (CVIA) Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) function, the SPM will serve as the project manager for vaccine development, introduction, and/or technical assistance projects. The SPM will participate in staff development efforts including mentoring of junior PPM staff and may manage other PM staff. As time allows, the SPM also may participate in or lead PPM initiatives.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH Essential Medicines’ (EM) product development and introduction efforts focus on the leading causes of childhood deaths worldwide – pneumonia, diarrheal diseases, and malaria, as well as other global health priorities, such as polio and meningitis. EM works in partnership with communities, national health ministries, donors, international financing and regulatory organizations, vaccine manufacturers, particularly those in low- and middle-income countries, and many others to diligently design, develop, and improve new biologics and small molecule drugs that are safe, effective, affordable, and acceptable in the communities that need them most.
- Partner with Project Leader(s) and other project team members to develop overall program strategy, global, cross-functionally integrated work plans, cost estimates, milestones, and annual goals.
- Collaborate with Project Leader(s) to determine project success and go/no-go criteria and timing for tactical and decision-making reviews throughout the project lifecycle.
- Working with Project Leader(s), identify and proactively drive high quality project deliverables, understand dependencies, and identify and track critical path items. Proactively manage changes in project scope and drive risk management including developing and implementing mitigation strategies in a constantly changing environment.
- Develop and track project plans including schedules, cost estimates, resource plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans, and issue resolution plans.
- Implement project management tools for tracking late-stage projects, including risk evaluation and identification of risk-mitigation steps to ensure success in obtaining clear outcomes.
- Develop and maintain high-performing teams in conjunction with Project Leader(s).
- Lead efforts to develop project communications and updates for PATH vaccines leadership and donors.
- Work closely with functional and finance staff to forecast and request appropriate allocation of resources to execute project activities to achieve deliverables.
- Coordinate activities with external business partners as applicable.
- Coordinate and contribute to the development of donor reports.
- Coordinate and contribute to the development of new grant proposals and the revision of existing proposals.
Leadership/Management responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the implementation of project and portfolio management systems and tools. Work with others in PPM to provide project management processes and training.
- Act as a resource for questions related to product development and project management processes.
- Serve as an active member of the PPM Team, including mentoring more junior PM staff. Duties also may include management of PM staff.