DAI is widely recognised for its commitment to international development, supported by extensive in-house technical and programme delivery expertise.
Our portfolio of 200 projects in 100 countries crosses multiple disciplines. Our clients include the UK Department for International Development, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, USAID, the European Commission, EBRD, the World Bank, other donors and international lending institutions, and private corporations and philanthropies.
Responding to the needs of our growing business we are recruiting a Senior Project Manager for our Governance Team. The role will principally involve working closely with colleagues to support designated projects including managing start-up, monitoring implementation, liaising between head office and field teams, managing partners, reviewing deliverables and synthesising lessons learned. You will be part of a team managing a portfolio of Governance programmes across multiple donors and geographies. You will work closely with the rest of the team on building knowledge and networks and developing new business opportunities and innovative solutions across these rapidly evolving sectors.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field e.g. International Development, Political Science, Economics, Public Administration, Law, Gender, or similar
- Evidenced experience in a development environment – either in a developing country or within a development consultancy/organisation.
- Experience working with major European or International Donors.
- Evidenced project management experience – preferably with disparate or remote teams.
- Good understanding of programme management systems and best practice.
- Experience of working across a variety of cultures.
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to gender equality and social inclusion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages are an asset).
- Overseas working experience in a development environment.
- Demonstrated interest or existing experience in a governance related field.
- Good understanding of proposal development.
- Negotiation skills.
S/he will also be:
- Commercially astute with demonstrable aptitude in client service and management
- Driven and motivated combined with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally to deliver against programme and business targets thus achieving the goals of DAI Europe.
- Flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Able and willing to travel internationally.
Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date for applications is 9th June and interviews will be held progressively from mid June. More detailed company information is available at http://www.dai.com
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing programmes around the world, please apply via link below.