PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager (SPM) responsible for managing key internal and external activities determining project success, such as leading development of integrated project plans, developing and tracking schedules and identifying and managing critical risks. While reporting through the Center for Vaccines Innovation and Access (CVIA) Project and Portfolio Management function (PPM), the SPM will serve as a project manager for the Sustaining Vaccine Manufacturers program and other projects as assigned. The SPM will also serve as a mentor to and may manage more junior PPM staff. As time allows, the SPM also may manage PPM initiatives.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together institutions, businesses, investors, and individuals to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, market development, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. Learn more at www.path.org.
PATH’s Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access spans every stage of the long and complex process of vaccine research, development, and introduction to make lifesaving vaccines widely available to women, children, and communities across the world. CVIA’s current portfolio encompasses more than two dozen vaccines either in development or already in use to protect against 18 different diseases, including diarrheal disease, malaria, meningitis, pneumonia, and polio. We work in partnership with national health ministries, pharmaceutical manufacturers, donors, international financing and regulatory organizations, and many others. PATH has led numerous global partnerships, including the award-winning Meningitis Vaccine Project and the Malaria Vaccine Initiative, which helped develop the first malaria vaccine candidate recommended for pilot implementation.
- Partner with Project Leader(s) and other project team members to develop overall project strategy, global, cross-functionally integrated work plans, cost estimates, milestones and annual goals for the project.
- Collaborate with Project Leader(s) to determine project success and go/no-go criteria and timing for tactical and decision-making reviews throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with Project Leader(s), identify and proactively drive high quality project deliverables, understand dependencies, and identify and track critical path items. Proactively manage changes in project scope and drive risk management including developing and implementing mitigation strategies in a constantly changing environment.
- Develop and track integrated project plans including schedules, cost estimates, resource plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans, and issue resolution plans.
- Implement and maintain project management tools for planning and tracking projects.
- Develop and maintain high-performing teams in conjunction with Project Leader(s).
- Interface with internal groups and with external partners to plan and coordinate timely execution of CMC and Quality activities leading up to WHO prequalification.
- Lead efforts to develop project communications and updates for PATH vaccines leadership and donors.
- Work closely with functional staff and finance staff to forecast and request appropriate allocation of resources to execute project activities and deliverables.
- Coordinate activities with external business partners as applicable.
- Coordinate and contribute to the development of donor reports.
- As assigned, coordinate and contribute to the development of new grant proposals, and the revision of existing proposals.
Leadership/Management responsibilities include:
- Manage PPM junior staff including project assistants.
- Contribute to the implementation of project and portfolio management systems and tools. Work with others in PPM to provide project management processes and training.
- Communicate effectively within the project teams, PPM, and across other departments and governance bodies as required.
- Effectively use project management processes and tools to enhance project delivery and communication.
- Act as a resource for questions related to product development and project management processes.
- Serve as an active member of the PPM team.