Senior Project Manager (Budgets and Operations), Arlington, VA
MSI is recruiting a Senior Project Manager to manage cost proposals and proposal coordination, as well as project/contract management oversight for IQC/IDIQ, GSA Schedules and other contracts with USAID and other clients.
The Senior Project Manager may manage projects of considerable cost and/or technical complexity. She/he will possess specialized knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience to use independent judgment in the performance of their duties and be capable of carrying out work with little guidance or supervision. This individual is a self-starter: bright, motivated and dynamic. Additionally, this position requires proven experience and knowledge of USAID ADS, AIDAR, FAR and business practices. This position will also supervise the project manager(s).
- Responsible for contractual and/or financial management and reporting for IQC/IDIQ, GSA Schedules and other contracts with USAID and other clients.
- Responsible for supervision and/or preparation of cost proposals, typically under $1m.
- Responsible for supervision and/or coordination of technical proposals (e.g., recruitment; formatting and editing of documents).
- Recruit teams for monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Assist in development of procedures, policies, recordkeeping, and duties as required related to overall administration of projects, including procurement.
- Work with other departments, public agencies, subcontractors, and independent consultants on the implementation of complex project tasks, programming, and other activities for assigned projects.
- Participate in, or manage the selection, hiring, and development of project staff.
- Act as the representative in assisting consultants.
- Plan, prepare and communicate schedules and progress records of projects’ activities and expenditures, and assist others in establishing project schedules and milestones.
- Develop critical path or project flow diagrams to plan, set and evaluate progress on project tasks.
- Establish systems for efficient management of subcontractor activities.
- Review, analyze, and prepare reports and other correspondence on all activities and transactions related to assigned tasks, and provide timely information and status updates on assigned tasks.
- Prepare and present comprehensive administrative, fiscal, statistical and technical studies, reports, evaluations, specifications and correspondence as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in proposal, contractual and project management type functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, international development, or other field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrable Experience in, USAID contracting and proposals, USAID ADS, FAR, AIDAR and other USG international regulations.
- Knowledge of project management procedures for planning and processing international development projects, and for establishing plans, specifications, monitoring and management of the development projects.
- Leading cost estimating and tracking and scheduling for international development projects.
- Experienced in computer applications specifically related to capital project management, such as MS Project and MS excel.
- Skilled in the principles and practices of personnel supervision and management.
- Skilled in the recruitment of technical consultants.
- Proficiency in French or Spanish helpful.
- Keep complex projects on schedule and within budget.
- Analyze proposal requirements and competitive market, and to develop win strategies.
- Coordinate and supervise complex international development projects.
- Accurately analyze situations and problems relating to complex projects, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement an effective course of action in accordance with general policy and pertinent codes and regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of performing assigned responsibilities.
- Read and interpret highly complex written material such as technical reports, contracts, and federal regulations.
- Prepare contract documents for professional services and projects and monitor performance.
- Assess plans and design concepts for the most complex projects.
- Utilize all commonly used project management software and project record systems.
- Supervise and train assigned staff.