Senior Project Manager, Africa Region, Arlington, VA
MSI is recruiting a Senior Project Manager to handle a portfolio of projects, including but not limited to a field-based USAID Monitoring & Evaluation project in Africa region.
The Senior Project Manager will manage projects of considerable cost and technical complexity. She/he will possess specialized knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience to use independent judgment in the performance of their duties and be capable of carrying out work with little guidance or supervision. This individual is a self-starter: bright, motivated and dynamic. Additionally, this position requires proven experience and knowledge of USAID ADS, AIDAR and business practices. This position will also supervise the project manager(s).
- Responsible for contractual and financial management of international development projects.
- Recruit expatriate and local teams to support project activities.
- Assist in development of procedures, policies, recordkeeping, and duties as required related to overall administration of projects.
- Work with other departments, subcontractors, and independent consultants on the implementation of complex project tasks, programming, and other activities for assigned projects.
- Participate in, or manage the selection, hiring, and development of project staff.
- Plan, prepare and communicate schedules and progress records of projects’ activities and expenditures, and assist others in establishing project schedules and milestones.
- Establish systems for efficient management of subcontractor activities.
- Review, analyze, and prepare reports and other correspondence on all activities and transactions related to assigned tasks, and provide timely information and status updates on assigned tasks.
- Prepare and present comprehensive administrative, fiscal, statistical and technical studies, reports, evaluations, specifications and correspondence as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in international development required, including administrative experience with project management type functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, agriculture, finance, economics or a related field required (additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of advanced degree), Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in USAID contracting and grants and other USG international regulations.
- Knowledge of project management procedures for planning and processing international development projects, and for establishing plans, specifications, monitoring and management of the development projects.
- Ability to solve technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge.
- Leading cost estimating and tracking and scheduling for international development projects.
- Skilled in the principles and practices of personnel supervision and management.
- Experience living in a developing country preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Fluency in English required; French working proficiency strongly preferred.
- The ability and willingness to travel internationally to developing countries required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.