Senior Project Manager – Department of Defence HIV/AIDS Prevention Program
Grade : D4
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading Local Zambian Organisation with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. SFH work ranges from on the ground implementation of health services, and community programs to distribution of health care products and services to the most vulnerable populations, provides life-saving products, clinical services and behaviour change communications that empower the most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
SFH seeks an experienced-dynamic individual for the position of Senior Project Manager, Department of Defence HIV/AIDS Prevention Program. The Project Manager will be responsible for managerial and administrative implementation of the Military Specific HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Program for PEPFAR including Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision, HIV Testing Services, HIV Treatment, Viral Load Scale-up, Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS), Data Monitoring, Data Quality components. The Director will work in close collaboration with the donor, Zambian Defense Force (ZDF), Society for Family Health Leadership Team, partner organizations, Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders, to ensure that SFH achieves the ambitious goals of preventing HIV through implementation of services in Zambia. The role requires effective co-ordination of the programme’s projects and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. This position is based in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Project Director.
This position is contingent upon award from DOD.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The role and responsibilities are but not limited to:
The Program Manager DOD provides managerial and administrative support for the DOD VMMC programme. This entails planning, reporting and coordinating DOD work at SFH HQ and regional offices (through Regional Managers) and with partner organisations. The Program Manager is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the programme.
Planning and Administration
- Plan and design the programme and proactively monitor its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action;
- Respond to donor requests for information on project such as performance data and budget scenarios;
- Prepare and participate in donor/PEPFAR site information Monitoring System (SIMS);
- Consolidate and develop work plans;
- Frequent communication with regional teams on performance activities and address challenges to meet performance expectations;
- Analyse the regional work plans to ensure that they encompass all activities listed in the project document;
- Coordinate the supply chain of consumables;
- Understand the requirement from the ZDF secretariat to implement the project activity within the specified budget and monitor the expenditure and;
- Manage risks to the programme’s successful outcome.
- Participate in national policy and guidelines review at national level
- Represent SFH in National programs technical working groups
- Supervision and mentorship of Program Technical Officers.
- Ensure that Military, other uniformed personnel, their families and the communities around receive comprehensive HIV services
Budgeting and Finance
- Manage budgets and finances (including monitoring expenditure against planned activities) and;
Liaison and Capacity Building
- Liaise with stakeholders;
- Identify the requirement for project training and advise and;
- Participate and /or lead program updates to donor (presentations);
- Review performance data and reported indicators against target;
- Prepare quarterly and annual narrative reports to PEPFAR and HQ and;
- Report the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the Senior Management, Donors and essential third parties.
Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or clinical Medicine or related field
- Master in Public Health is an added advantage
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the design and implementation of international HIV service delivery prevention, care and treatment programs with significant project management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated strong technical knowledge and experience in HIV service delivery prevention, care and treatment;
- Minimum of 7 years in Project Management in a not-for-profit socio-economic development related area of Education, Health or Economic Empowerment
- Experience of working in an international NGO and;
- Experienced user of software packages, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Skills and Abilities
- Presentation skills;
- Communication skills – oral and written;
- Problem solving skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Analytical and Interpretive skills;
- Project management skills;
- Research skills:
- Interpersonal skills;
- Reporting writing skills;
- Budget and reporting skills;
- Ability to understand donor requirements;
- Ability to initiate projects, set goals, make decisions, and effectively solve problems;
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams and work cooperatively and comfortably with all levels of contacts and;
- Honesty and Integrity;
- Maintains Confidentiality;
- Assertive and;
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV TO: HR Department or send to The – Human Resources Manager, Society for Family Health, Plot No. 549, Ituna Road, P.O Box 50770, Lusaka- Clearly indicate “Senior Project Manager – DOD” Closing Date: 28th January 2020.