International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S.-based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Department/Location: Institutional Support and Implementation Practice
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Exempt Level and is not eligible for overtime pay
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Senior Project Manager for the Global Health Technical Assistance Mission Support (GH-TAMS) Task Order with the USAID/Bureau of Global Health.
IBTCI and its partner, Dexis Consulting Group, are implementing the USAID-funded Global Health Technical Assistance and Mission Support Project (GH-TAMS). GH-TAMS is a $70 million five-year contract designed to provide USAID operating units working on health-related activities with short- and medium-term technical services of consultants with expertise in health technical areas and program cycle activities. The activities of GH-TAMS support cross-cutting health issues such as gender, health systems strengthening, environment, science and technology.
The Senior Project Manager is a member of the GH-TAMS Senior Management team and provides administrative leadership and management of a complex portfolio for the GH-TAMS project. The position reports to the Project Director and supervises Project Managers and a Project Assistant. Additionally, the Senior Project Manager will manage logistics and assignment procedures for GH-TAMS assignments. Specifically, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks and activities:
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the assignment planning process, including refining scopes of work (SOWs) and cost estimates, developing implementation timelines, etc.
- Responsible for all logistical support for consultants and GH-TAMS teams both in the United States and overseas.
- Serve as project mentor and trainer for new project managers and project assistants; orient project managers to GH-TAMS procedures and processes.
- Serve as assignment team lead for fast-paced client work and coordination on behalf of the project director.
- Provide technical input for select contract deliverables including ensuring quality control and oversight for assignment report content, preparation, and production.
- Ensure necessary USAID approvals are obtained in a timely manner by preparing official letters to USAID, contracting officers and contracting officer representatives, and other key stakeholders.
- Respond to requests as directed by the Project Director; serve in the capacity of Project Director or Deputy Director in their absence.
- Participate and/or chair team-wide meetings and initiatives.
- Promote integration and cross-fertilization of ideas and information across assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MPA, MPH, MA, or similar degree in international development and/or health.
- At least 8-10 years of relevant work experience with 5 years of managing international health programs or projects.
- Knowledge of international public health and development issues.
- Experience supervising a team of employees.
- Proactive in anticipating work requirements and problem solving.
- Excellent skills in teamwork and interpersonal communication.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Works well with minimum supervision and flexibility.
- Oral and written fluency in English required. Fluency in another language highly desired.
- Depth and breadth of prior experience relevant to the Job Description.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
Education: Master’s Degree such as MPA, MPH, MA, or similar degree in international development and/or health.
Working Environment: Work is remote at this time though typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel is not required.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.